Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 11:18 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Oh Jem, that is a cracker. x
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 11:23 PM

Yes, it is definitely Crackers.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, it is definitely Crackers.
It made me laugh.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

29-12-2018, 01:05 AM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

29-12-2018, 01:27 AM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 04:09 AM

bit of nostalgia for the oldies!

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 12:27 PM

Not a Bowler, it was a black fedora, from Christy & co of London.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 02:46 PM

How are you all today, God bless all who scribble here.

Yes indeed Spitty I have seen photo’s of your handiwork and it’s second to none, you have a great pair of hands on yeh, long may you use them wisely.

My apologies RJ, I couldn’t think of the name of that hat, but you were indeed wearing a Fedora.

You were talking about the new years eve plans Sweetie.
I’ve told the old girls (the wife and a couple of her sisters) that the celebrations are over till New Years eve, they are not short of a few bob so they can go where they like till then but include me out, I’m just all burned out for now, I have to regroup my energies and we’ll probably end up in the local, three of the sisters live in our locality, the local is on a hill so I can just roll them all home at closing time.
I’m the last brother in law they have left out of 8 altogether, 7 have passed on and their offspring have grown and flown as they say, so I’m left to carry the can, they come to me with all their problems, that’s the worst of being a good listener, good talkers are inclined to overwhelm you and you can’t get a word in edgeways.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 11:43 PM

Ahem.

Just a quick word to correct your assumptions,Jem,old chap.
In BOTH my cars [although one is akshly a Land Rover,but,meh] there is ALWAYS a guitar in the back in it's case,along with a harmonica.
One has various tools,items of Elfen Safety attire,several 'Bag for Life' shopping containers,water,oil,ALWAYS a can of WD40,plus a variety of 'Might need that one day'-type items. Spare wheels & jacks are kept in cases.

SO - having spent today getting a rather ill friend's Fiesta running efficiently,that she may visit the various local W.I. events [what DO they find to talk about so intensely?] and evening get-togethers,I'm wondering just how badly a car has to run before the driver says ''Hmm...something amiss here''. I've had to change the plugs [the gap was burnt away to almost three times the correct distance] the air filter [which was solid...it actually bounced when I dropped it on her drive] ALL the ignition leads [the fekkin spark was travelling up the OUTSIDE of those knackered,cracked,oil-covered lengths of crap],the distributor cap [which had TWO cracks in it AND one pole burnt to a nub inside,plus install a new set of points [the ones I took out had genuinely burnt to points and could not close on rotation!] I have t'say...I'm REALLY impressed with that little Fiesta! ANY other car would've just called it quits...but her little Thunderbug just kept popping and backfiring it's way through the lanes at 12 mph. I have to say,in seriousness for a mo...WHAT a tribute to the 1300 Ford Fiesta,that it kept moving under such impossible conditions! ... and here's the best bit - I received a call just over 45 minutes ago from the lady in question,who genuinely is seriously ill,asking me if I can slow her car down a bit,as it's ''suddenly so lively''. Yes,truly. She asked if it's supposed to ''accelerate so quickly'' and if I could slow it down a bit. I explained to her about putting just a light pressure on the accelerator, not putting her foot to the carpet. [but I must admit to feeling a little chuffed] A good deed done,to end the year with.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:21 AM

Watched "Click" on beeb one this morning, and it put me in mind of these.

Beneath the stars there are the bars
That serve the bitter drink...
The barman smiles at me,
His wife she gives a secret wink...
They listen patiently to me,
My story I unfold...
I see their faces change,
The lights grow dim I'm losing hold...
I used to be a boy,
My heart was young and supple then
But no it's stoney cold,
I'm old and I could use a friend...
My world is not like yours,
I come from somewhere long ago...
But now there's no way back,
I'm lost and I feel so alone...
You can leave me in the air age if you like
But I'd dearly love to go back to my own time....
Life in the air age, isn't all the brochures say...
Life in the air age, it's too dangerous to stay...
Life in the air age, airships crashing every day into the bay...
Life in the air age, it's all highways in the sky...
Life in the air age, all the oceans have run dry...
Life in the air age, it's grim enough to make a robot cry...

Superenigmatix, there's one hiding in the attic
And it's getting all ecstatic cause it goes on automatic
When the lights go out
There's one in the TV and it's waiting there to please me
And I've got to take it easy cause I know that it can see me
When the lights go out
Inside, outside, watching me both night and day
Sometimes I wish I could make it go away
Sometimes when I'm dreaming, I awake to find I'm screaming
Cause they've taken all the meaning from the book that I was reading
When the lights went out
I know it seems outspoken but I'd love to see them broken
No more orders, no more slogans, no more keeping my eyes open
When the lights go out
Inside, outside, watching me both night and day
Sometimes I wish I could make them go away
Superenigmatix, always amateur dramatic
And they're trying to get me at it
But I think I'm going to kick them in

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top