Join for free
Page 662 of 1676 « First < 162 562 612 652 660 661 662 663 664 672 712 762 1162 1662 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 12:24 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Thank you,ma'am. It shows the river flowing around my island...I was on the mainland,up by the church. It's always really good to finally see my serene little island,after a day spent in the furore of traffic,bustling ,hurrying,scurrying,worried,intent people-and know my beach & guitars are waiting [after espresso,natch]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Thank you,ma'am. It shows the river flowing around my island...I was on the mainland,up by the church. It's always really good to finally see my serene little island,after a day spent in the furore of traffic,bustling ,hurrying,scurrying,worried,intent people-and know my beach & guitars are waiting [after espresso,natch]
Your grammar has much improved Pugsy Bear
To have contentment is an envy of many.
Long may it live
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 07:20 AM

Yes, beautiful photo Pugsy, makes you wonder what Blighty would have looked like, without the Enclosure Acts.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 12:40 PM

Blimey, you have all vanished!!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 01:09 PM

You lucky devil Pug, lovely place to live. I'm not criticising or anything, just saying like, could you not have stood on the roof of your car to give us a better look at it?, it’s kind of hard to tell where the mainland ends and the Island begins, or better still climb up a telegraph pole and snap it, the Island, not the pole, I’m sure you’ve been up many a pole in your travels.

Yes indeed Sweetie contentment is a wonderful thing to have, and the beauty of it is everyone, rich and poor alike can be contented, it’s a simple matter of not being greedy and treating others as you would have them treat you.

Jeff Goldbum, a fine actor.
I have swallowed a hell of a lot of gold dust sitting at the bench all my life, must be a a few ounces lodged in there by now, not to mention platinum and silver, a professor in Trinity College was thinking of making a short educational film of my life at the bench, he asked me to suggest a title and I offered “The Man with the Golden Bum”?
Did you know Samuel Goldwyn’s real name was Samuel Goldfish? He was the genius who actually said “A verbal contract is not worth the paper it’s written on” He was a great businessman but other than that he was as thick as ten planks. Another of his was when he was asked could a certain actress sing he said “Can she sing!, why she’s practically a Florence Nightingale” I got a good laugh reading his quotes, better than any tonic.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-05-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You lucky devil Pug, lovely place to live. I'm not criticising or anything, just saying like, could you not have stood on the roof of your car to give us a better look at it?, it’s kind of hard to tell where the mainland ends and the Island begins, or better still climb up a telegraph pole and snap it, the Island, not the pole, I’m sure you’ve been up many a pole in your travels.

Yes indeed Sweetie contentment is a wonderful thing to have, and the beauty of it is everyone, rich and poor alike can be contented, it’s a simple matter of not being greedy and treating others as you would have them treat you.

Jeff Goldbum, a fine actor.
I have swallowed a hell of a lot of gold dust sitting at the bench all my life, must be a a few ounces lodged in there by now, not to mention platinum and silver, a professor in Trinity College was thinking of making a short educational film of my life at the bench, he asked me to suggest a title and I offered “The Man with the Golden Bum”?
Did you know Samuel Goldwyn’s real name was Samuel Goldfish? He was the genius who actually said “A verbal contract is not worth the paper it’s written on” He was a great businessman but other than that he was as thick as ten planks. Another of his was when he was asked could a certain actress sing he said “Can she sing!, why she’s practically a Florence Nightingale” I got a good laugh reading his quotes, better than any tonic.
Watch out Jem, you may again retain that title now you have told us.
When I visited Dublin, I was amazed to find out that my ancestors, attended Trinity College, what a wonderful place it is. I suppose those that have attended, leave with a golden handshake.
I also made a point of visiting the Gold Museum, whilst I was in Dublin.

It is Florence Nightingales Birthday today, I believe it is World Nursing day or summit like that. I like adding useless info
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:16 PM

Y'KNOW when everyone's left Scribblestown,when y'mosey into the High Street,headin' for the saloon.....and a tumbleweed rolls past.....

. . . . . it's quite . . . . . TOO quiet . . . . .

I reckon them pesky varmints've been here,n'driv everbody away.

DANG they pesky varmints....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Y'KNOW when everyone's left Scribblestown,when y'mosey into the High Street,headin' for the saloon.....and a tumbleweed rolls past.....

. . . . . it's quite . . . . . TOO quiet . . . . .

I reckon them pesky varmints've been here,n'driv everbody away.

DANG they pesky varmints....
In the tone of previous posts Pugsy Bear.
Silence is Golden.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 11:52 PM

you called pugsie bear - ya old varmint you - guns at high noon in old tumbledown high street - this is a fight to the death for the rose of the sweetpea saloon - why Miss Sweetie Pie herself no less and may the best man die!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-05-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you called pugsie bear - ya old varmint you - guns at high noon in old tumbledown high street - this is a fight to the death for the rose of the sweetpea saloon - why Miss Sweetie Pie herself no less and may the best man die!!
I feel half dead now

Page 662 of 1676 « First < 162 562 612 652 660 661 662 663 664 672 712 762 1162 1662 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top