Join for free
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Re: Time for Nigel to organise?

The PM and NF may still make a pact towards the end of the campaign, if polls shift considerably.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Tory to keep Corbyn out. The current labour party's policies are just madness.
That's fine, but you said you wanted Brexit.

Boris isn't thinking of delivering Brexit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's fine, but you said you wanted Brexit.

Boris isn't thinking of delivering Brexit.
I didn't say I wanted Brexit. I said I am reconciled to leaving the EU. To me Brexit is not a consideration in the election. My main objective is to keep Corbyn out of power. Only the Tories are a credible opposition. Plenty of people out there believe his promises. We will end up with a right mess if the Brexit party splits the vote.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The PM and NF may still make a pact towards the end of the campaign, if polls shift considerably.
They have fundamental differences of opinion as to what constitutes Brexit. It's like "50 shades of Brexit". Definitely something sado-masochistic about this whole affair.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 08:49 AM

I didn't say I wanted Brexit. I said I am reconciled to leaving the EU. To me Brexit is not a consideration in the election. My main objective is to keep Corbyn out of power. Only the Tories are a credible opposition. Plenty of people out there believe his promises. We will end up with a right mess if the Brexit party splits the vote.
I am confused.
Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

You don't want Brexit. In other words, you wish to remain in the EU.

You are reconciled to leaving the EU. In other words, you accept that we are going to leave the EU.

In voting for the Conservatives, you are attempting to prevent Brexit because Boris's 'deal' is designed to keep us in the EU. Moreover, we shall not have any vote in the EU Parliament, yet will have to abide by their rules. In addition, we shall be obliged to pay them £39 billion for nothing.

Is that really what you want?

Think how many hospitals, roads, etc, could be built with that £39 billion.

Think about our lack of any say in the laws that are imposed on us.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 10:39 AM

From Daily Express.

Brexiter Mark Francois has said Mr Farage has "lost the plot" after calling for a second referendum on electoral reform and not backing Boris's deal.

Speaking to LBC Radio's Matt Frei, Mark Francois asked: "How many Brexit Party supporters know that in their policy programme announced [on November 1], they now want a system of proportional representation.

"In 2011 the coalition government held a referendum on replacing first past the post for parliamentary elections. The proposed change was defeated by 68pc.

"Now, we had a referendum a few years ago in the UK on whether or not to switch to a form of PR, we absolutely slaughtered that, it was overwhelmingly defeated.

"So now Nigel Farage wants to overturn the results of that UK-wide referendum. So he's sort of slightly lost the plot to me."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-corbyn-labour

In other words, PR is not what Conservatives or Labour want.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

05-11-2019, 11:05 AM

The UK stands almost alone in Europe in using a ‘one-person-takes-all’ disproportionate voting system.

More people voted in European elections simply because it is a fairer system, free from dishonesty.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 12:00 PM

They have fundamental differences of opinion as to what constitutes Brexit. It's like "50 shades of Brexit". Definitely something sado-masochistic about this whole affair.
50 shades of brexit were conjured up by the remainers Annie as
you well know?
Leavers only wanted out!
Regards Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-11-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
50 shades of brexit were conjured up by the remainers Annie as
you well know?
Leavers only wanted out!
Regards Donkeyman!
Brexit is now a remainer plot? Heard it all now.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I am confused.
Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

You don't want Brexit. In other words, you wish to remain in the EU.

You are reconciled to leaving the EU. In other words, you accept that we are going to leave the EU.

In voting for the Conservatives, you are attempting to prevent Brexit because Boris's 'deal' is designed to keep us in the EU. Moreover, we shall not have any vote in the EU Parliament, yet will have to abide by their rules. In addition, we shall be obliged to pay them £39 billion for nothing.

Think how many hospitals, roads, etc, could be built with that £39 billion.

Think about our lack of any say in the laws that are imposed on us.

Still spouting the well discredited argument of EU versus UK law I see. Not learnt a thing in the last three years, have you?

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-w...influenced-eu/

Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top