Join for free
Page 543 of 754 « First < 43 443 493 533 541 542 543 544 545 553 593 643 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 05:44 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Hi Baz. May it was a bit cooler here today and some rain. I cant wait for my favourite fish and chip shop to open. Followed by ice cream sat on the prom. Beki one of my neighbours used to use Jeyes fluid for weeds.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:25 AM

Morning, Brrrrr it's cold, and the rain is coming down in sheets. Haven't walked with Dageus yet but tough I'm not going out in that. hoping to get over to the huge Tesco at Wick later today, need to restock with the stuff our wee shop hasn't the room to keep.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Who mentioned fish n chips??..gawd!..I'd give anything for a fish supper..but..I'll have to do with a chicken salad for lunch
One day I was out and couldn't be bothered to return home having to cook and then eat a meal,
as I do most days. Driving along a familiar route there was a Fish & Chip shop and it was open. Haddock and chips was absolutely delicious! Not had any of that since probably January. Are they not open in Scotland?

Originally Posted by May ->
Hey Baz, I call My older Brother 'Young Man' and He's 84
Well then, totally unintentionally you have got that right as I'm ten years older than your brother,
in which case compliment accepted and understood then!
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Good morning everybody. Roxy no rain here yet, although there has been a few showers. Baz they are open, two you have to phone an order in. The other one is open with social distancing. But their fish and chips are a bit of a hit and a miss. Got some ironing to do and a few other things around here.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:19 AM

Good morning You lovely People,it's wet wet wet here,not raining heavily,just a constant drizzle,

I don't really know if My local Chippy is open or not Baz,but as it's just a small one I can't think how the Customers could maintain the 2 mtres distance,..haven't a clue if They deliver either...I think I just want a fish supper because I know I can't have it,heh heh,and normally I would just go for one 2/3 times a Year as a treat ...What I am really missing is going out occasionally for lunch/dinner as I'm fed up with My Own cooking.

In the meantime,stay close to Home,stay safe,save Lives,xxx
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 12:11 PM

Our local Chippie is down in the village, by the time we get off the farm road to the main road, into the village then along to the Chippie is about 3miles. There are several in Thurso but that's over 5 miles. Not sure if any deliver, don't think so..
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 02:25 PM

Good afternoon. The morning seems to have slipped away from me. After reading your posts I looked on line & there are 2 fish & chip takeaways here which are doing on line orders & deliveries. Like you, May, I seldom eat fish & chips but think it's the idea of not being able to go out & in as I please (trying to be sensible) that's giving me ideas! I will remember about the deliveries when I get desperate. I have some Jeyes fluid, for cleaning pots more than weedkilling, Jess. I want it easy, I want to put down some decent weed killer & only have to do it a couple of times in season. I don't have grass or a lot of garden as I had most of it chipped & paved a few years ago. I just prefer to be busy doing other things than gardening. Roxy, I haven't been in Wick for about twenty years. There was a Family History conference there last year & I thought of going but had other commitments around that time & couldn't quite fit it in. It's been drizzly rain here this morning so can't get into the garden & I'm beginning to long for different scenery. This too shall pass! Enjoy your day.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 06:17 PM

Evenin' All,well it's still drizzly rain here and I fell asleep on the sofa watching drivel on the tele',woke up and thought it was morning ..Think I'll don wellies,raincoat & brollie to go out sniffing around the Town for the smell of fish n chips ...or..I'll just shuv some frozen chips in the oven then smother them in salt n vinegar..beam Me up Scottie
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

11-06-2020, 09:45 AM

Morning, Dry but dull here, just back from the beach with the dog. Am all chuffed today as at long last I have an appointment with my Chiropodist to get my "now claws" cut, they are blooming sore as they don't grow the right way and I can't cut them myself. But he went back to work last week and I got a blanket text along with the rest of his clients, I rang him straight away and I got an appointment. Will be bliss to be able to wear my favourite boots again.
Have a good day all,
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Good morning all. Managed to get fence paint this morning so, weather allowing, that's my task for the day. I'm waiting to see if the clouds blow over. Enjoy your day.

Page 543 of 754 « First < 43 443 493 533 541 542 543 544 545 553 593 643 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top