Join for free
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 09:43 AM

Puppy farm rescues

I hope I don't spoil anyone's day, but these pics were on the web site of Many Tears animal rescue, where we brought Beau home from.
Although we know that breeding farms are awful, we don't always appreciate just how bad they are.

This mother and baby bring me to tears

This poor dog, yellow with urine and alive with fleas and mites was rescued form a LICENCED puppy farm

I hate to think that this was Beau's life but thanks to this wonderful rescue, many are now living with loving families.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Re: Puppy farm rescues

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
I hope I don't spoil anyone's day, but these pics were on the web site of Many Tears animal rescue, where we brought Beau home from.
Although we know that breeding farms are awful, we don't always appreciate just how bad they are.

This mother and baby bring me to tears

This poor dog, yellow with urine and alive with fleas and mites was rescued form a LICENCED puppy farm

I hate to think that this was Beau's life but thanks to this wonderful rescue, many are now living with loving families.

They did a documentary just recently about these puppy farms Alberta, and it more or less said that very fat back-handers are involved to buy silence.

These wicked 'breeders' have got to keep the licencing people sweet, so makes sense when you think about it.

It will never stop while there are so many money grabbing people around.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 06:29 PM

The irony is of course that breeding the right dogs is a very well paid business these days, so that there is no need to keep the poor animals in foul conditions as there are huge profits to be made anyway, but I guess there is no limit to the greed of some people. To my mind we should keep the perpetrators in the same conditions as their puppies when they are caught out....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 06:34 PM

It is truly sad and sickening and heartbreaking. That, and the countless amount of dogs who are going missing at the moment, apparently due to dog baiting. I can't bear to think about it all. They say Facebook is a bad thing, but there is a pic of a man on there who goes to puppy farms looking for dogs to fight. I've shared his pic and hope he gets punished for who and what he stands for. These poor dogs don't have any choice in the matter. It's just awful.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 11:02 PM

In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, anyone who breeds dogs to make money selling the puppies is not a person who loves animals. Puppy farms are horrendous and they should all be stopped, every single one of them, but then I worry, what happens to the poor animals in them? What happens to these poor dogs and puppies if nobody buys them? Itīs heart breaking even thinking about it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
The irony is of course that breeding the right dogs is a very well paid business these days, so that there is no need to keep the poor animals in foul conditions as there are huge profits to be made anyway, but I guess there is no limit to the greed of some people. To my mind we should keep the perpetrators in the same conditions as their puppies when they are caught out....

Oh yes, I like that idea Barry.
It's not just the physical harm done to those dogs, it's the mental and emotional harm. I always think those scars are deeper and more difficult to mend than what we see on the surface.
It isn't just a case of bathing, cutting the matted coats off, and feeding them properly is it, it's trying to heal the emotional scars and gaining their trust, that must be the hardest of all.
I agree with everyone else, its a heartbreaking and barbaric existence for them, and often for years on end.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top