Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 06:33 AM

Four in a bed

Does anybody watch Four in a bed where four sets of Bed and Breakfast owners check out each other's establishments, pass comments, give points and pay the amount they consider appropriate ? the winners receive a plaque at the end of the week

It's interesting to see different characters, how they live and run their businesses
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Re: Four in a bed

I used to like this Ambre, last time i saw it in hospital last year it seemed to have deteriorated into a bit of slagging match.
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 07:00 AM

You're right Nom, the same thing happened with Come Dine With Me a couple of years ago, it's not too bad though and still watchable so far, but I don't think think I would be staying at some of the B&B's !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 07:41 AM

I sometimes watch a block of it at the weekend but I don't like all the dusting of tops with fingertips, or poking hands down the loo! Or hunting for hairs.

Yuk!!! Hope they wash their hands afterwards.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 07:54 AM

I watch it occasionally I like seeing inside houses and different parts of the country. Some of the B and Bs are really lovely.
I have only ever stayed in one and that was a modern chalet bungalow in the Cotswolds, it was well run and great value.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 08:23 AM

i sometimes watch it,if i remember its on,,,
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 08:30 AM

I watch it sometimes and think that their told to look under the bed and under bed sheets for hairs and things
I pity them that get slagged down as after the programme i think they would lose customers...
And depending on what points they gave you it could close you down altogether.. Heck i'm glad i'm not one of them, it's a frightening thought!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 08:50 AM

I just wish these programmes were done in a genuine way. They all seem to start off ok then end up as a scripted 'play'. They constantly go on about pubes.

I also used to like Come dine with me when it was a genuine programme about cooking, It was sometimes very funny watching people struggle but now they have to have controversial people in it.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 05:34 PM

Noticed the thread title and thought we might exchange a few great stories from decades ago.

Seems I will just have to relive the past all alone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Noticed the thread title and thought we might exchange a few great stories from decades ago.

Seems I will just have to relive the past all alone
Sorry to disappoint Pummy did you have lots of brothers and sisters too ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top