Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 07:45 PM

Re: I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Can you guys tell me why you find it entertaining? I've never got the celebrity thing, so maybe that's why I would never want to watch it. I do watch a lot of crap TV, including some "reality" shows, but I just never "got" this format.
It's like all types of programmes orangutan, you either like them or you don't. We on this thread happen to like it. Things that you like watching I probably wouldn't like, everyone is different.

I personally like watching reality programmes because I like getting to know what the celebrities appearing in the programmes are really like, I like people watching. I must confess I do not watch the bug eating trials and don't really enjoy the trials anyway, but I like the other bits in the programme.

Everyone to their own
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 07:49 PM

Gillian is doing yet another trial tonight and it's going to be a live one . Whatever time will it be in Australia then, early in the morning I suppose.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 11:09 PM

Can you guys tell me why you find it entertaining? I've never got the celebrity thing, so maybe that's why I would never want to watch it. I do watch a lot of crap TV, including some "reality" shows, but I just never "got" this format.
Have watched all the series Orangutan-light entertainment and the celebs amuse me-really show their true colours at times.......
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2010, 11:52 AM

Thanks alicat and merz. Just to make it clear, I was merely curious, and not meant to be criticising your taste in any way. Certainly to each his own. I think I just hate the celeb "culture", but that's just me and I was curious to know if there was a specific appeal that I am missing.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2010, 03:46 PM

I love it!! I've watched it since the beginning but this one is the worst! The celebs in there were never real celebs!!

Gillian made another A of herself again - her street cred has gone oot the windae
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2010, 04:19 PM

Nigel Havers has walked out!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11809220
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2010, 08:53 PM

Thanks alicat and merz. Just to make it clear, I was merely curious, and not meant to be criticising your taste in any way. Certainly to each his own. I think I just hate the celeb "culture", but that's just me and I was curious to know if there was a specific appeal that I am missing.
Orangutan, I didn't take any part of your post as a criticism.

Think its one of those programmes that you either love or hate-and I just love it
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

22-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Nigel Havers has walked out!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11809220
Surprised he didn't walk last night Mags-he was halfway there to doing it. He was becoming a bit boring-all that whinging!!!

Just waiting for Gillian to go now-could be wrong, but think she is a total attention seeker and drama queen. Derserves an Oscar for her acting in my opinion!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top