Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:58 PM

Re: Precious furry friends.

so do I
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Well thank you all, to be honest that T isn't keen on my ways actually makes me feel I'm not doing too bad, I like a happy band not a miserable lot who never do anything fun with their lives.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I totally agree with you Julie.
And me!
Furryanimal
Wales
Furryanimal is male  Furryanimal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 05:36 PM

Get a cat!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Furryanimal ->
Get a cat!
Used to have 5 can't really have them here in a flat and life style isn't right for one either. I can't imagine they'd enjoy weekends away all summer.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Putting a human child on the same level as a mere animal of another species, doesn't make for a good parent, imo. Of course kids should be taught not to be deliberately cruel to animals, but they should also be taught that humans come first.
They have quite different needs. I don't think anyone is denying that. So you interact with them differently. And you get different rewards/feedback/benefits for the parent/owner.

Our children are grown but we get grandchildren for a week or so at a time. We don't treat them and the dog in the same way. You simply can't.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:26 PM

Julie writes and thinks a heck of a lot of common sense and I find myself nodding my head in so much agreement! I am totally impressed at her’s and Steven’s efforts in bringing up the two boys and Grace, and how well they have grown, and into fine human beings. Her love and care is obviously extreme, but she also adores her animals.

Tara, whilst she prefers to put animals in their place, has no right criticising Julie and I find her comments rather insulting. I just hope for her sake she doesn’t start on me. I wouldn’t be as patient or polite in my response/replies!

I have never come across a more decent person than Julie, and think her family are lucky and rich to have her in their lives. Whether she rescues a child or animal first is immaterial, IMO, so Tara, please stop verbally attacking her.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:28 PM

Julie’s replies that a dog or cat cannot open a tin or packet of their food and help themselves is spot on.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:33 PM

I was born into a family with a mum, dad, 8 year old brother and a house full of beautiful, English Bull Terriers... Everywhere I looked there was love. My parents bred and showed EBT's...and the doggies were a huge part of our lives...and, may I say...had the run of the house. Our dogs were treated as family...and I tried very hard to bring my family up the same way...and, believe that I have succeeded.

My son and d-i-l...raise and breed German Shepherds and Olde English Bulldogs...as well as horses. Their dogs also have the run of the house...but, not the horses.

Any-who...great thread Peripheral...sorry it took a negative turn.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 09:33 PM

Well said Jazzi, Julie is a wonderful person.

Even though we have a Cat who is quite naughty, she is still the love of our lives and wouldn't be without her.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top