Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:42 PM

Christmas tree

Well the season of Christmas is upon us my question is what tye of tree do you have, artificial, real? And what do you have to move to accomodate afore mentioned tree. I ask as my neighbour was caught by me moving a armchiar into the garage to accomodate the christmas tree.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:52 PM

Re: Christmas tree

I have just got a new Christmas tree last week. It a 5' artificial tree with built in lights and decorations and is the frosted branches type. I'm going to put it in the corner of the lounge this Friday as my ex and my children are coming round that evening as its the towns Christmas Fayre so its a busy evening.

I wont have to move any furniture but will need to put an extension lead out to plug it into.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 10:23 PM

I have a real potted tree in the back garden waiting for when my lounge decorating is finished, if it ever is! I don't think I'll have to move anything out apart from a small drawer unit which is probably going to be given away anyway.

We have a Festive evening on Friday too MC!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 11:50 PM

I have two trees, one for my living room, artificial, had it a zillion years and thats the one that gets the heirloom glass baubles and takes me at least two days to dress

The other one, also artificial.goes in the hall and is decorated by who ever can be bothered, with cheapo plastic baubles because of the cats and grandkids

This year Im also getting a real one for our new extension. The extension won't be finished, but will be weather tight. I also have loads of outdoor lights and projectors which Im also going to get set up in it to give us something pretty to look at whilst dining. No baubles for that as no doubt the chickens will peck it, but lots of lights
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:01 AM

All I have is a small one in the front porch.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:04 AM

We have an 4ft artificial tree that will stand on a TV cabinet in our bay window. Fortunately nothing has to be moved around to fit it in.

We will also have 2ft fibre optic tree on the top of a glass cabinet in the dining room.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I have just got a new Christmas tree last week. It a 5' artificial tree with built in lights and decorations and is the frosted branches type. I'm going to put it in the corner of the lounge this Friday as my ex and my children are coming round that evening as its the towns Christmas Fayre so its a busy evening.

I wont have to move any furniture but will need to put an extension lead out to plug it into.
Hi, where did you buy your tree please
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by noolsg ->
Hi, where did you buy your tree please
Christmas Tree World. It was on offer and I dont have or plan to buy any other decorations other than the tree.

https://www.christmastreeworld.co.uk

I was very wary of ordering as the reviews were not good but it arrived eventually.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:34 AM

As I have said previous threads our artificial one has become a home to mice, so we are making one this year. I saw one made of branches that looks good and have been bringing back a branch each time we go over the common. Added plus is it is flat so against the wall won't take up loads of room.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
All I have is a small one in the front porch.
That's where mine would be , if I had a porch.

Been looking for a white one, as they are so pretty, and now I see reasonably priced ones on the link Mondays Child has posted. Stamp of foot !
Anyway, as none of reasonable price were to be found, and the garden centre along the road had some really nice 'real trees, I've gone with a real one again. Nice tree, and only moving one settee from one side of the room to the other, so nothing major.
I just don't like the real trees when they start to get dried out.
On the other hand, do I really want to start climbing up and down to the loft again, storing artificial trees ? Probably not !

I'm sure everyone's tree will be just perfect

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top