Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Re: Sheltered housing

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I do hope that your Aunt is asked if she would like to move there, it makes me furious the way people decide for you what is best, we may be old but we are not helpless.
Why would you even think that my family would decide for her.................my Aunt has requested a move and we as a family (including my aunt) are considering the options, lots of options are on the table including her moving in wth one of us but my Aunt is an independent lady, and is used to living by her own rules, and routines.
No idea why I am explaining this why would we do any less by a family member? I was merely asking for information.

Oh just seen your last post in reply to Mags, and I would like to say while not being aware of the Winston Churchill quote we as a family would fight any one on the beaches who attempted to do anything to my Aunt she did not want to do.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Sorry Mags but the mere mention of putting people in homes sends me scatty.I am an ardent Winston Churchill fan and I shall be following his words if they try to put me in a home... We shall fight them on the beaches speech.
Agreed Annie, I've have always said That I'm staying here until I'm carried out in a box....
Luckily this is a two bedroomed ground floor flat & I have nice neighbours.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Agreed Annie, I've have always said That I'm staying here until I'm carried out in a box....
Luckily this is a two bedroomed ground floor flat & I have nice neighbours.
The problem for a lot of people as they get older is that their homes become unsuitable - too difficult to manage the garden, stairs, size, maintenance, etc. I think it can be better to choose to change home and move to somewhere more suitable before things get too difficult.
I can see that in the next 5-10 years that this is what we will need to do and like the majority of folks I also want to have a choice about where I live (if things go to plan and I am able).
My mum's situation was ideal - she had a two bedroom bungalow and she never had to leave her home - she managed, and with a bit of help retained her independence, right up until she died. Her only problem really was that she felt lonely and was not motivated to do anything about it.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 08:28 PM

I agree Aerolor, We moved here some years ago from a two storey family house because my late husband became disabled with RA & struggled with stairs. I am very glad that we did.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 07:28 PM

I moved here from a house and it is great not having all those rooms to clean and the stairs. I may change my mind one day about going into a home but I doubt itI will be 79 next year and we dont know whats in front of us.When you get older you somehow become invisible, I was just making a point.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top