Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 06:47 PM

Re: Katie Price declared bankrupt at High Court

She's a despicable and obnoxious narcisstic media creation moulded from plastic.
The Queen of all Chavs.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:15 PM

Remember the days when bankruptcy was an embarrassment and your name was put in the paper to shame you .

Now it seems a way of escaping paying off your debts but maybe I'm thinking wrongly. Is someone here able to give me more information. Surely if she owes debts then they must be paid .

We ordinary folk would have bailiffs at the door wouldn't we
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Remember the days when bankruptcy was an embarrassment and your name was put in the paper to shame you .

Now it seems a way of escaping paying off your debts but maybe I'm thinking wrongly. Is someone here able to give me more information. Surely if she owes debts then they must be paid .

We ordinary folk would have bailiffs at the door wouldn't we
Insolvency and bankruptcy are not easily explained since they involve the law and accountancy.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...y-arrangement/

KP had engaged an Insolvency Practitioner to set up an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA), a formal and legally binding agreement between her and her creditors to pay back her debts over a period of time. This means it’s approved by a court and agreed by her creditors.

An IVA can be flexible to suit individual needs but it can be expensive and there are risks to consider.

How an IVA works

An IVA must be set up by a qualified person, called an insolvency practitioner. This will be a lawyer or an accountant. The insolvency practitioner will charge fees for the IVA. These can often be high and are based on the amount paid back through the IVA. The insolvency practitioner deals with the creditors throughout the life of the IVA.
KP's insolvency practitioner requested that a court declare her bankrupt because she'd broken the terms of her IVA by not making payments.

KP's assets will now become the property of the Official Receiver who will allocate payments of costs and payment to creditors in a specific order:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...to-your-assets

The process could last more than the usual 12 months if complexities arise.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
She's a despicable and obnoxious narcisstic media creation moulded from plastic.
The Queen of all Chavs.
That's unfair!

Or is it? I'd instantly drawn a similar conclusion, and I don't even know who she is, I know nothing, it must be an age thing, (plus I wasn't living in the UK when she was young and innocent).

Do people on this site really immerse themselves in such tabloid chavery?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:15 PM

The Queen of all Chavs.
But she's kinda hot!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But she's kinda hot!
I'll grant you that, Todge
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 10:52 PM

The Queen of all Chavs.
Sheesh, Floydy, don't beat about the bush like that - tell us what you really think!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sheesh, Floydy, don't beat about the bush like that - tell us what you really think!!
Well I always speak my mind, Tabby.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 11:22 PM

I'll grant you that, Todge
Not sure Floydy, I hope this does not damage the Jack the Lad image.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
A girl would have to do a lot of blowing to even get 40 million quid!
You crack me up sometimes Todgy??

Donkeyman!

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top