Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 08:49 AM

Re: Plants available

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lindy B&Q were open online here at 11pm last night, I only had to wait 4 minutes to get on to the site but I needn't have bothered.
There were no bedding plants on offer here just 3 plants in a selection none of which I would want, no compost and no deliveries I guess it varies from area to area.
I keep trying the B&Q website - I've just tried it now and there's a 35 minute wait and this: Once it's your turn, you will have 10 minutes to start your visit. Once on the site, you'll have as long as you need.

I could try again this evening - but I've tried and tried and can't get what I want.

Have you tried google for garden centres near you? Then tried to phone them all. I found a few small ones - no website, just phone and ask about plants. The nurseries were desperate for people to buy their plants a few weeks ago. I've also bought some plants from Morrisons. What about people who sell plants from their gardens with an honesty box? Do you have any of those? If the worst comes to the worst I would think that some of the gardening magazines would have ideas on where to get hold of plants........reputable mail order???

As for compost - I've now phoned a local store and ordered some (they're out of stock......no idea when they'll get any......but have left my order & telephone number and got a contact name. Also ordered some by email from a local nursery for a click and collect.......more expensive than most but would like to get some sooner rather than later.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Have you tried google for garden centres near you? Then tried to phone them all. I found a few small ones - no website, just phone and ask about plants. The nurseries were desperate for people to buy their plants a few weeks ago. I've also bought some plants from Morrisons. What about people who sell plants from their gardens with an honesty box? Do you have any of those? If the worst comes to the worst I would think that some of the gardening magazines would have ideas on where to get hold of plants........reputable mail order???
...Hi Lindy see my post above...
this one..

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Summer garden centres had no option but to close under a government directive, some with existing websites already set up are so busy getting online access is impossible. Others don't have an online facility set up.

However , I have discovered that it is worth telephoning or emailing local garden centres in your area to see if they are offering a service.

My lovely local nursery is offering a free delivery of garden items over the sum of £30 and as I wanted some compost, bone meal, Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi and bedding plants I can soon reach that sum .

I also had a email to say M & S are selling bedding plants for those lucky enough to get out of their homes.
Options are limited for me, I can't go out all
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 09:38 AM

If anyone has a Wilko's (Wilkinsons) near them, they have composts, plant food and bags of bark chippings. No idea if they deliver though?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top