Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Re: Make do and mend on the upturn

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Eeek! I just re-read this and it comes thru so stuffy and sanctimonious!! Didn't mean it to sound like smug Ms. Know-It-All!. True, but could have been phrased much better ...... sorry, guys!
Stuffy? You Eileen? Never!!!!! (((hugs)))
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Eileen, I didn't take it that way at all After reading it through again a couple of times after your edit I still couldn't see anything wrong with it. Can't ever see you being like that anyway
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Thanks !! ...........
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:35 PM

I have done just the same on AB's 'dogs and sticks' thread and felt awful, he was only trying to give us a laugh
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Eeek! I just re-read this and it comes thru so stuffy and sanctimonious!! Didn't mean it to sound like smug Ms. Know-It-All!. True, but could have been phrased much better ...... sorry, guys!
No problem at all with your post dandysmom.
You are just giving some sound advice.
Providing that one can pay off the balance each month cards are a great convenience.

I think the recession has made people more aware of frivolous spending and thus becoming consciously more thrifty.

It's also very nice to receive personally made gifts rather than commercially bought gifts as the givers are giving a bit of themselves.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 11:07 AM

Now I'm back to the other place again, but I don't mind. I have a roof over my head, a car to drive, and a freezer stocked with food.

Mollie darlin' - freezer is full only whilst I'm not in the vicinity!!!!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 04:59 PM

well we used to go on a trips twice a year
but all that had to stop now I cant work any more
were on a budgit now using things I have not bying anything we do not need
my grandkids will be getting less ths xmas than they have
but thats just the way it is
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Kazz, make do and mend has never been far from our home even though financially we are secure.

Only when something is beyond repair is it thrown out. We do however get fed up with some things so they get re-cycled via Charities or Church/School fairs etc.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 01:37 AM

I had a big box full to the charty store i was going to take
not now ill use them my self

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top