Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 08:05 PM

What are you having Christmas dinner

Come on then people what ar you having for Christmas dinner...................
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Re: What are you having Christmas dinner

I don't know yet as we are going to our daughter's on Christmas Day and she and her husband are doing the cooking.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 08:35 PM

We are going to my daughters as well. I usually have to buy & cook the Turkey & make the gravy before we go up there though She does the veg ect. I think she is getting the better deal
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 08:40 PM

We are having roast beef and yorkshire pud as I refuse to buy Turkey after seeing a turkey farm once as a teenager and my daughter doesnt like chicken. It has to be beef or lamb.

I went out to lunch with my workmates today to a garden centre and they had a lovely butchers there that sold free range meat so bought a lovely big beef joint. Had to freeze it which is a shame but will still be nice.

Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 09:11 PM

Having turkey, ham, roast spuds, mashed spuds, parsnips carrots and sprouts, followed by sherry trifle. Just the two of us here going to have a nice glass of wine wine, chill out in the afternoon with some sweets!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 09:13 PM

A turkey for one is ridiculous so I always do a chicken, but think this year I'll do a Cornish game hen ... usual bread/onion/celery stuffing, pan gravy, roast potatoes, sprouts, roll, home made cranberry sauce. Pinot grigio.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 10:49 PM

I go to my Sister's for Christmas Dinner and never know what we're having till I get there....whatever it is it will be good!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 11:18 PM

I've bought two turkeys from Waitrose, they are in a foil tray with pastry on top with mushrooms. They cost £17 each, I hope they are going to be okay as I haven't bought anything like that before. We'll have the usual trimmings with it.

Roll on Christmas!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I've bought two turkeys from Waitrose, they are in a foil tray with pastry on top with mushrooms. They cost £17 each, I hope they are going to be okay as I haven't bought anything like that before. We'll have the usual trimmings with it.

Roll on Christmas!
That's different, Alison, I've never heard of that before ....... I would worry that the pastry had cooked before the turkey. I'd love to hear what you thought of it after Christmas, might be an idea for me next year
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

16-12-2011, 12:43 AM

First course will be a plate of whelks on a bed of wilted lettuce with celeriac scrapings, (an asda out of date whoops special)

Mains will be a locally made pork pie accompanied by a cabbage jus, seasoned with road rock salt flakes.

For anyone still hungry after that repast there will be the traditional homemade mincemeat roulade without the mincemeat but with a generous dollop of ultra light mayo.

Late bottle vintage port will be served with anthropomorphic coloured confectionary of all persuasions.

merry christmas.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top