Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 12:46 AM

Re: What are you having Christmas dinner

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
First course will be a plate of whelks on a bed of wilted lettuce with celeriac scrapings, ( an asda whoops special)

Mains will be a locally made pork pie accompanied by a cabbage jus seasoned with sea salt flakes.

For anyone still hungry after that repast there will be the traditional homemade mincemeat yule log without the mincemeat but with a generous dollop of ultra light mayo.

Late bottle vintage port will be served with anthropomorphic coloured confectionary of all persuasions.

merry christmas.
I think I'll decline any forthcoming invitation, thanks Hammer!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

16-12-2011, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think I'll decline any forthcoming invitation, thanks Hammer!
I thought the fare was a bit mean Mags so uprated the menu a little.

A subtle and perhaps acquired taste but it should do well, In truth I am still a little buoyed up by the last big meal we prepared, I just cannot remember if it was five loaves and three fish or the other way round.
That went down a storm.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 01:04 AM

Definitely an acquired taste!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 12:10 PM

I've ordered a small free range turkey crown which me and the dogs can easily eat over a few days. All the trimmings plus christmas pud to follow then some cheese and biscuits a glass of port or two
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 07:16 PM

And if you dont make it after Christmas... we will know why!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Sorry the above was too Hammer.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 07:29 PM

Free range organic Tamworth pork which has grazed in the woods on acorns served with with a tart apple sauce, sage stuffing with my own sage and locally grown roast and steamed vegetables.
Home made Christmas pudding with rum sauce
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:02 AM

Me and my little rottie will have elk steak with gravy, carrots, brussel sprouts, cauliflower & boiled potatoes. To go with that I have some homemade lingonberrie-jam and also a very tasty spanish wine.

Dessert is as almost always cloudberries in whipped cream & a cup of malabar coffee for me & a chewing bone for my little dog.
Milo
Cyprus
Milo is female  Milo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 06:33 AM

I'm hungry just reading this!!

We are away to Prague for Christmas, I don't know what we will be having! But I,m looking forward to it.

Will be doing Turkey breast and gammon plus all the usual trimmings, and pigs in blankets, plus OH's favorite prawn cocktail starter with Chrissy pudding after, all on New Years Day just for the two of us. I,m a terrible traditionalist when it comes to Christmas, all decorations in green red and gold, and the family dictates the tried and tested christmas dinner for years!

Next year we will be doing Christmas in the UK with all the family! That will be special.

Merry Christmas everyone from sunny Cyprus.
Good health wealth and happiness for the New Year.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Well I'm hoping we get a 'proper' Xmas Lunch with all the usual trimmings, but that of course is down to the chef at the hospital.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top