Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 11:00 AM

Re: Careers

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oooo, a full-time astronomer specializing in exoplanets or a coloratura soprano.
I didn't know you could sing as well Surfermom, is there no end to your talents...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A very hard life at times. My father was one.

Ah, but also a very rewarding job at other times - same as most jobs.
I'd sooner be out in the fresh air and peace of the countryside any day, than stuck in an office or factory all day.

(BTW, I was married to a farmer, and his whole family were also farmers.)
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Keep you out of LTP, go for it Keezoy.

You lost me mate,,what is LTP?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 05:12 PM

From the age of about 12 or 13, I knew I wanted to work in a scientific or engineering area, so I did, all my working life. Would I go back and change that? Only one small part, working for a V-belt manufacturer on the technical sales side. I found out that I was great at the technical side but I found I couldn't sell a thing. It nearly killed me so I left after 3 years and went on the "rock and roll" for a few months until I got the job in Rome.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 08:00 PM

The first Ambassador of planet Earth at the Intergalactic Council for the unification of the Universe.

Might as well dream big
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's all well and good until you have to deal with all the Bullshit.

Sorry Meg, you must have come across many fertile folks.
Spitty I don't mind good honest BS and I have cleaned up lots of the canine variety working on kennels , it's the human kind I can't stomach.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A very hard life at times. My father was one.
....so were some of my family B there is nothing wrong with hard work...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....so were some of my family B there is nothing wrong with hard work...
Yes, true......but when I was out with the lambing shepherd in the freezing cold rain hills it was not the most comfortable or joyful experiences.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:56 AM

I wanted to be a Blacksmith when I left school.
I had watched a magician bend white hot iron into wondrous shapes in the village where I grew up, and knew that's what I wanted to do.
I even did forge work as part of my O-Level Metalwork course.

The problem was that I couldn't get an apprenticeship after I left school, so I ended up testing jet engines for a living.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have changed careers if I had the choice.
I do have my Grandfather's anvil though, and I do bend a little iron every now and then.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 06:07 AM

I've worked full on since I was 14 years old ...looking back if I could have a second chance I might do nothing just bum around on a canal boat earning just enough to get by doing whatever came along....wait minute....thinking about it though it would have to be a nice canal boat...it would be fun decorating it and there's a business opportunity there.....here I go again. Summers Interior Canal Boat Design Company.....could work

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top