Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:34 AM

Re: Do you ever

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

Do you ever deliberately avoid threads?
I'm avoiding this one.

Oh, wait.....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Hi keezoy. I first went to Austrialia with the RN on a Far East trip. Our ship docked at Bunbury, Geelong, Sydney and Cairns. We were so warmly welcomed everywhere we went, and they gave us the time of our lives.

I went back in 1988 (the Bicentenary year) and stayed until 2002. Lived in various suburbs of Sydney. I had a sign-writing biz for ten years. Got married, bought a house and had a daughter.

What a wonderful place Australia is, and such lovely people.

I hope you contribute more, keezoy. Perhaps you could compare some of the issues being discussed here with corresponding issues in Aussie. Good on yer, mate!
Thank you so much. Im really glad you enjoyed my country.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:33 PM

I have never understood why people get so protective over their country..

I don’t give two hoots what’s said about the Uk...a lot of it’s true anyway.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have never understood why people get so protective over their country..

I don’t give two hoots what’s said about the Uk...a lot of it’s true anyway.
From my perspective, it’s not defensive Pauline - it’s just outsiders don’t necessarily have the inside info/ details yet have an opinion.

Anyway, we all adore our home countries for better or for worse (I’m just saying that- I would leave if I could but I can’t)
At least we won the Rugby
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
From my perspective, it’s not defensive Pauline - it’s just outsiders don’t necessarily have the inside info/ details yet have an opinion.

Anyway, we all adore our home countries for better or for worse (I’m just saying that- I would leave if I could but I can’t)

Ok Minx,

I believe you have the best cricketers?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->

Hey Minx. So did we. Won the series against le bleu tonight in Brizvegas. Wonderful match.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:33 PM

Keezoy, there's no need for you or Bruce to tell us what you think is going on in your country. TAT does that all for us
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:11 PM

Australia is hard to get into now as older people.
I understand with the way of the world's finances...They cannot afford to keep us if we get real sick for instance...
I have family connections still with Australia my Mothers's Sister and her Husband went on the cheap passager's ships of the late 50'
Thread..I do avoid some threads if I feel..not for me..but then I might change my mind...so no real rules for me..do it and regret or enjoyed that.. Tis my way..
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:30 PM

I think pauline's style of creating a thread is beginning to rub off on me (no offence pauline), but...

Do you ever deliberately avoid threads to give others a chance to converse without yourself butting in?

Edit - Just in case ayone is thinking of bothering to read through this thread, I'm adding this edit after the first 30 mins of it running and advising you that it's going nowhere in particular and can easily be considered as friendly and unwieldy. Not really worth the effort of making sense of it, 'cos it hasn't so far and probably won't
Threads are like London Buses, you can avoid one but there'll be another one along in a couple of minutes.

One idea, I came up with, was to write a thread with really boring content..

That might make everyone feel better about theirs!

keezoy
Australia

17-07-2021, 03:47 PM

Keezoy, there's no need for you or Bruce to tell us what you think is going on in your country. TAT does that all for us
Oh yes indeed. Basil is one hell of an authority for sure.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top