Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:18 PM

Re: Utterly pointless

Vanity of vanities?

Maybe I'm simply not vain when it comes to physical appearance.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I genuinely don't understand. If one is happy within one's skin, then why bother tarting up what's on the outside?

Unless you're going to spend all day staring at yourself in a mirror, who cares what shade lips you're wearing?
Dex, please understand, there’s different levels of tarting up if I don’t tart up for work, I’d look pale and sickly…
So, it’s a light foundation for blemishes and a concealer to conceal the results of my rather late nights on THIS forum.

I think my boss would think I’m off my knockers if I dial into a teams meeting looking washed up. It’s highly unprofessional. And, I always ensure my lips are Red so I look bright eyed and bushy tailed and rearing to go!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Vanity of vanities?

It’s truly not about being vain. I’ve seen these young lasses piling on the makeup and it looks awful
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Vanity of vanities?

You see it as being vain.

I don’t see that, I see it as taking pride in ones appearance...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Beauty comes from with inside a person, from their heart.

That’s what I mean, Carol....

I know what you meant Pauline.

It seemed you were excusing Camilla's wrinkled face in favour of her 'inner beauty'

But looking at her outward appearance - would you say the expensive beauty products were doing her any good?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I know what you meant Pauline.

It seemed you were excusing Camilla's wrinkled face in favour of her 'inner beauty'

But looking at her outward appearance - would you say the expensive beauty products were doing her any good?

I think Camilla is very attractive, with or without wrinkles.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-07-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It’s truly not about being vain. I’ve seen these young lasses piling on the makeup and it looks awful

When I was young I hated my face, so I pilled on the make up....it has nothing to do with vanity....in my case.

I looked like a clown, I was hiding behind make up.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You see it as being vain.

I don’t see that, I see it as taking pride in ones appearance...
But why are you trying to improve what is already supposed to be your perfect form?

Not meant as a religious dig Pauline, but assuming that god created you in the form and appearance you have, what makes you think that you can improve on his decision to make you just as you are?

If others think you need to tart yourself up to move towards some kind of accepted norm or perfection, then that's their problem and not yours.

Who precisely decided what this perfect figure and colour format should be? (whatever the answer is, I'm pretty sure that makeup companies contribute towards it).
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

17-07-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Its all relative. Once you daub a powder, cream or grease onto your body for the purposes of improving your appearance, you've already entered the world of vanity.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-07-2021, 01:43 PM

But why are you trying to improve what is already supposed to be your perfect form?

Not meant as a religious dig Pauline, but assuming that god created you in the form and appearance you have, what makes you think that you can improve on his decision to make you just as you are?

If others think you need to tart yourself up to move towards some kind of accepted norm or perfection, then that's their problem and not yours.

Who precisely decided what this perfect figure and colour format should be? (whatever the answer is, I'm pretty sure that makeup companies contribute towards it).

What you are trying to do here, is get me to justify why I wear make up as a Christian.

I don’t have to justify anything to you Dex....

I also don’t tart myself up, and quite honestly it’s none of your business.

Again you are putting me into your own box as how I should live my life as a religious person.

I am not religious as in man made religion...i am “ alive in Christ”....now go look it up.

Joyce Meyer famous leader..go look on YouTube..she’s full of make up and a born again....Praise The Lord!!

We don’t listen to man made clap trap we listen to God.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top