Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Corrie news (nothing about Frank)

Did you know that Sue Johnstone (Royle Family, Brookside) is joining Corrie as Stella's Mum which will make her Leanne's granny.

A nice edition to the programme me thinks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 09:06 PM

Re: Corrie news (nothing about Frank)

Yes Alison, I heard that too!

Corrie has had quite a few 'well known' actors/actresses appear in the Show over the years, haven't they...
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes Alison, I heard that too!

Corrie has had quite a few 'well known' actors/actresses appear in the Show over the years, haven't they...
Yes they have Mags.

We didn't have a Royle Family Christmas Special last year because all the actors were doing other things and now Sue is in Corrie we probably won't get one this Christmas either I'm a great fan of The Royle Family.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 10:22 PM

I've never watched The Royale Family, I saw a couple of trailers and it didn't appeal to me. Maybe I should have given it a go as it does sound popular.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 11:07 PM

Yes I heard that as well. I quite like Sue Johnston and remember her being in Brookside, now that's going back a good few years!! Am looking forward to seeing what story lines she gets
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Did you know that Sue Johnstone (Royle Family, Brookside) is joining Corrie as Stella's Mum which will make her Leanne's granny.

A nice edition to the programme me thinks.
I didn't know that. Good news, I like Sue Johnstone and I loved the Royle Family. In fact the other day I was watching back-to-back episodes of it.......brilliant!
Alicat
West Berkshire

12-03-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've never watched The Royale Family, I saw a couple of trailers and it didn't appeal to me. Maybe I should have given it a go as it does sound popular.
The thing is with The Royle Family Mags is that it can be very crude, there's quite a bit of swearing in it but it is very, very funny if you have the sense of humour that appeals to that sort of thing. It doesn't appeal to everyone.
Alicat
West Berkshire

12-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
I didn't know that. Good news, I like Sue Johnstone and I loved the Royle Family. In fact the other day I was watching back-to-back episodes of it.......brilliant!
It is brilliant Berxer, I've got all the complete episodes in a box set.

Sorry weve seem to have strolled onto The
Royle Family
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 12:14 PM

I like the Royle Family as well but can't stand Corrie so won't be seeing Sue in that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top