Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Re: The real DeTox

Milk - never have
Sugar - never have
Cheese - major weakness
Yeast - rarely have
Tea - never have
Coffee - only at weekends
Chocolate - rarely have now
MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) - make a point of avoiding
Mixed Moulds - eh?
Tomatoes - ah, now I love tomatoes.
Mushrooms - these are regularly in my diet too
Dust mites - try to keep these out of my diet
Pre-packaged Meals - rare
Alcohol - ooops
Oranges (although I used to eat them!) - what about orange juice?
Sprouts - never have

So I'm not doing too badly. The only things I'd really struggle in cutting out completely are cheese and wine.

Questions - do you know why tomatoes need to be avoid and what are mixed moulds?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Yola ->

Questions - do you know why tomatoes need to be avoid and what are mixed moulds?
See Azz'a reply Post 8, Yola
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 03:15 PM

Thanks Mags!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 04:54 PM

Sprouts and toms are part of the deadly nightshade family, and contain 'natural' toxins.
Also, tomatoe skins are hard for your body to digest (they were also the first GM crop sold in the UK) and I think but can't remb they are quite acidic too (the aim is to eat more alkaline or ph-neutral foods)

Everyone comments about the dust mites it's not about eating them, but keeping them out of your life as much as possible. This detox is more a lifestyle regime. Hence why you shouldn't use chemical perfumes, floride toothpaste etc.

Mags - I've forgotten most of the meals I used to have now cooked dinners (with gravy from fat with a little corn flour) was a regular. I used to have pasta with salmon salad and mash, vegetable and chicken omelette with jacket potatoes or oven chips. Sometimes jacket potatoes with tuna (in brine) and sweetcorn. Lancashire hot pot (lamb, little cornflour and olive oil, carrots, oinions, potatoes - in oven for 4 hours).

Plenty of veg, fruit, salad - and you can eat as much as you want

I wish I could cook as I'd have no problems sticking to it if I could just make the food a little more interesting!

(Think I will dig out some old books, like cooking without).
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 03:35 AM

I wondered about sprouts, but just saw your answer. Coffee and mushrooms would be hard for me to give up. I wonder if you are allowed lot fat cheese, that's all I use.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 07:08 PM

OK here's a few quick examples of what you could have:

Breakfast
Rice Dream (original or original+calcium)
Organic puffed oats
Linseeds (golden)
Chopped Apple
If you want to sweeten it up a bit, get some FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) this is actually good for you but tastes like candyfloss (just don't overdo it!).

Other meals:

Rice and Fish
Organic wholemeal rice
Organic Broccoli
Organic Cauliflower
Organic Carrots
- Was all the above and put it in a tin (like the tins you get with whole chickens from M&S).
Add some Rosemary or similar
Boil some water in a kettle (use natural - not tap - water if you can) half to 3qtrs fill the tin, then cover with some foil. Put on top shelf of oven.

Put some Cod Or whichever fish you prefer on a baking tray - add a little olive oil and some dill weed. Place on middle shelf.

All on gas mark 5 for about 35 minutes - nice, quick and easy and healthy!

Just a quick note about the carrots, scrub them clean - no need to peel, and if possible don't cut them too thin... so they are cruncy and not 'soft' when cooked. As that helps retain more of the goodness.

Chicken, Veg and Salad
Same as above but without the rice and fish, but add some organic potatoes sliced, and put a piece of chicken breast on the baking tray instead. Edit: Actually I forgot to say that I actually use a packet of M&S's cabbage, broccoli and leek, and just add some sliced potato and carrots to that

When cooked, prepare some salad, and be sure to add onions as they're good for you. Then add prepare some Flax seed oil mixed with M&S balsamic salad dressing. Start off with half and half first, but gradually add more flax seed oil as and when your tast gets accustomed to it - although Ideally we want to ditch the pre-made salad dressing and make our own (something I am experimenting with at the mo).

Occasional treats:

Good quality oven chips and omelette, with onions, garlic and chicken.

------------------------------------
Will add more when I think of them/get time...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 07:21 PM

Could the Rice Dream be substituted with Alpro Light, Azz?

I've tried Rice Dream but don't like the taste of it
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

22-11-2009, 07:36 PM

Is alpro light soya milk with not other added ingredients? If so and it's organic then I think yes (non-organic soya is very often GM soya).

As I had cut out milk for so long, when I finally got to try Rice Dream it just filled the gap perfectly The Original one tastes nicer imo.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

22-11-2009, 08:03 PM

Just had a look at the carton and it's full of additives!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

22-11-2009, 08:46 PM

1st rule of detox - always check ingredients!

If you stay off milk (and other alternatives) for long enough, chilled rice dream really does taste yum

Although I'm sure you can get organic soya milk now (I prefer rice dream to it tho).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top