Join for free
Page 46 of 58 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 05:09 AM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

good one pug - I'll pay ya that! now get back on the lorry you've got to much spare time ATM! which is what you are suggesting the great wall needs.

send all suggestions to:

President of China
Tiamen Square
Beijing
China
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 05:14 AM

well made the PO - no cigars just bills - bugger - checked me lottery ticket at the newsagents - nil - second bugger - tried second hand book shop - closed till noon - third bugger - is that an unusual happening?

oh and fourth - ABC and SBS channels out of action - a quadruple serendipity perhaps?

ah well - all the news is bad anyway - haven't heard a good news story for weeks nay months.

I see the Thais, Malaysians and Indonesians have buckled under world pressure to take destitute families on the high seas and are now bleating out their "send us more money story" - what do they do with their monies - build big armies and palaces.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 07:21 AM

Comrades, a delicat one, oots ...Freudian slit.
My keyboard has lost a letter, the one usually found on a qwerty layout & between the o & [ ..

As you terhats can see, I have temtorarily retlaced it wih a T in every case.If I was a comtuter extert, my ears would trick ut & I'd sort out the troblem, hey tresto.

But, that is a different troblem to the delicate matter i seek advice. Drat, now my letter between v & n has gone, so I will use a C.

In our family we have had 2 cats over a 20 year teriod. Gucci & Archie
. We had them cremated whec they tassed on & I have tactfully hiddec their caskets all these years so as cot to utset anyoce. I had them hucg ut oc a teg ic a stout ASDA carrier bag, co, it was Morrisocs.

Cow, concectrate............. we moved last week and the caskets have beec mislaid. They could turn ut acywhere. helt
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-05-2015, 08:27 AM

don't think they made it to OZ somehow - ireland maybe or even France with the rossini dish?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Swimming Cats ashes and useless great walls, variety is the spice of life. I wondered if the Cow is a sacred animal in India and nobody eats them, what do they do with them when they die?
There used to be a famous pub in Dublin’s Moore Street Called Mahers, that’s pronounced Mars, tourists loved it for the live traditional music there, I don’t want to drop any names but I will because I love doing it, I had a pint with Bob Dylan in Mahers back in the 1970’s, and yes he is that ugly and sings through his nose. Anyway that was the time when the whole economy here was financed by booze and cigarette taxes, the tourists helped too and the country was thriving, everybody was happy until they started to choke the goose that laid the golden egg, budget after budget saw the price of the humble working mans pint rocket and when it hit the pound a pint mark and then went rapidly on to 30 bob sensiable men were fit to be tied, Mr. Maher hit on a brainwave and introduced the half litre glass, slightly less than a pint but looked like a full pint and charged a pound for it. Shouts of joy rang out in Dublin city, sandwich men shouting “A pound a pint in Mahers” Of course the unsuspecting always asked “Where’s Mahers?” to which came the speedy reply “The far side of the Moon”
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 02:12 PM

Ah....so ol' man Mahers made his £££ by selling not-quite-enough,for just-a-bit-too-much.
DAMNED fine financial ethic,that-top man!

Meanwhile-as I sit here waiting for the w@#*kers to finally get the machine ready to load,2nd thought of the week occurs....

Prof Bill Bryson [I'm reading one of his books as I wait] states that,
'In a universe without boundaries,anything is possible'.

I pondered awhile...cogitated,even....and arrived at this;

If that's true-then surely it's possible for something to be IMpossible.

Yes? or should I lay off the winegums?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-05-2015, 03:31 PM

was that Bill Bryson the lawyer? anyway came across this little verse from one Eurovision series that may be interesting to you this weekend

(*Shay Healy)

I've been waiting such a long time*
looking out for you
But you're not here
What's another year?

I've been waking such a long time,
Reaching out for you
But you aren't near
What's another year?

What's another year
For someone who's lost everything that he owns?
What's another year
For someone who's getting used to being alone?

I've been praying such a long time
It's the only way to hide the fear
What's another year?

What's another year
For someone who's lost everything that he owns?
What's another year
For someone who's getting used to being alone?

I've been crying such a long time
With such a lot of pain in every tear
What's another year? (For someone who is getting used to being alone)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 07:11 PM

That was the song that won it for us years ago Gumbud, brought back memories, thanks. Johnny Logan sang it, it was very popular over here.

Fair play to Bill Bryson Pug, what was impossible a hundred years ago is commonplace today, I remember reading somewhere that if something was impossible the thought would not be able to enter the human mind in the first place. The whole sheebang is full of mysteries and where would we be without mysteries eh?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-05-2015, 10:12 PM

it makes me think that if there are so many mysteries and possibles then maybe we is just running this whole jeemossel wrong and there could be a much better way to do it - now as I look to my trusty bookshelf to find perhaps the answer what do I espy - why the good and holy book of course - I wonder if it has some blue prints for a better life? OR am I just dreaming.

Whilst sojourning in HK I purchased a copy of Maos little red book - never seen a big version - from what I can remember it sounded pretty commonsense to me at the time.

we should all be honest - all help each other all love our country - the only thing that wasn't in it was we will kill all the intellectuals!

I think those that wrote these things like Mein Kampf - communist manifesto etc were poors attempts to re-write the Holy book. I must confess that I have read quite a few Buddhist scripts which in and of themselves are quite illuminating except for the fact that they keep denying that anything rules the universe!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

21-05-2015, 10:45 PM

Whether you're a believer or not the bible is a really good read, everything is in it. If you could only get your hands on the original writings before the kings and churchmen started doctoring it to their own needs. They say in the (old) new testament that Christ was married to Mary Magdalene, that's only natural so why did they delete that bit.

Page 46 of 58 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top