Join for free
Page 11 of 56 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 05:42 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I do luv a good conspiracy theory after Sunday lunch

Zaphod don’t believe everything you read on tge internet
Oh I don't.
It does however never cease to amaze me how many do in order to justify their personal bias.

Please take note of where I say "Not that I'm necessarily agreeing" before suggesting what I might or might not believe in - especially when you quoted it.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 05:43 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/131337...adams-ireland/

Seems like he will get into bed with anyone
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 05:55 PM

Whoever gets control of the Senate is crucial. If republicans win that then Trump will 'call in favours' to those who have kept their seat.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You don't think that The Wall Street Journal is a reliable website?

Yup, because restricting the range of input really won't lead to a narrow point of view at all.
I would put my belief in the Wall Street Journal more so than I would any of the UK's news papers. The Times would be the closest I would put my belief in out of the UK newspapers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

They were just showing the ancestral homeland of Harris in India on tv. I understand her mother is from Tamil Nadu. Her father is an economics professor originally from Jamaica.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
A bit off topic but.

An American on twitter stated that the UK where celebrating the Biden win by letting off fireworks.

They have been going off since Tuesday even now as I post..

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I did a simple search and could not find it so if you want to make your point copy and paste etc... otherwise we are having a non discussion based on an article only paid subs can access. Up to you!
How simple?

A simple search of the piece's title brings up multiple pages of a huge varity of discussion about the WSJ piece along with further examples.

Why can you not just admit that others too think that K Harris has evidenced anarchic tendencies as per the original assertion you are trying but failing to refute from my saying "... but others present the possibility too." ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 08:30 PM

eh? my OP is fact. Harris does have a long career in prosecution of criminals on behalf of the Government. Where's the facts on her being an anarchist? I've seen none! Her career and anarchy are frankly incompatible. If you can't see that then you are being blinded by blogs.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Biden hasn't won at all. Kamala Harris has. Ten to one that she'll me running the show (if she isn't already) within six months as Biden is carted away with onset dementia. It's one way of getting a woman into the Whitehouse as president.
Sounds highly likely to me ... I saw a news snippet of him, 4 weeks old, and he actually stood there and mistakenly said that to pull America together he was running for the Senate.

Trump's been known to come out with some right howlers but I suspect Biden will be worse.

Add to which, I never realised he was chums with Gerry Adams and in the 80's the 'then' Senator Biden rejected our attempts to deport IRA suspects from the US to Britain.

American politics must be in a worse mess than ours.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-11-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sounds highly likely to me ... I saw a news snippet of him, 4 weeks old, and he actually stood there and mistakenly said that to pull America together he was running for the Senate.

Trump's been known to come out with some right howlers but I suspect Biden will be worse.

Add to which, I never realised he was chums with Gerry Adams and in the 80's the 'then' Senator Biden rejected our attempts to deport IRA suspects from the US to Britain.

American politics must be in a worse mess than ours.
The world's politics are in a mess because of external meddling in fake news. Common sense and clickbait don't mix well.

Page 11 of 56 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top