Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:26 PM

Re: A life changing moment

Originally Posted by Minx ->
That’s wonderful Tiffany at least you know he’s ok and all grown up

Yes & he doesn't actually live far from me, which was quite weird.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:37 PM

What was the one incident in your life when you knew in an instant that your life was about to change?

What did you do and how are things now?
I guess that would have been in my early thirties when there had always been a family of 9 in my life. Mum, Dad, 6 brothers and myself. It had always been so until we lost our darling Mum at age 65. It was as though the heart had been ripped out of us. Nothing ever seemed the same again without her.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:03 PM

2009, being admitted to hospital and having emergency surgery
and nearly not making it

I realised what’s important in life, family, friends, seeing the sunshine, and hearing the breeze through the leaves on the trees, it’s not all about money and material stuff...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
2009, being admitted to hospital and having emergency surgery
and nearly not making it

I realised what’s important in life, family, friends, seeing the sunshine, and hearing the breeze through the leaves on the trees, it’s not all about money and material stuff...
Yes, not all treasures are silver and gold mate - Captain Jack Sparrow
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I guess that would have been in my early thirties when there had always been a family of 9 in my life. Mum, Dad, 6 brothers and myself. It had always been so until we lost our darling Mum at age 65. It was as though the heart had been ripped out of us. Nothing ever seemed the same again without her.
The death of my father was also earth shattering. It has changed our family dynamic.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:45 PM

just recently having to buy a pair of wellies
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-01-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
just recently having to buy a pair of wellies
There must be a story in here. How did it change your life.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:06 PM

Realising that I was falling in love with my Lovely Cousin, and not wanting to stop.
The first time she said, "I love you".
Her asking me if I was going to propose to her any time soon.
Her saying yes when I did.
Her saying "I will" a year to the day later.
Having children.
Being told I had had a silent heart attack. (It turned out I hadn't, but had suffered severe heart failure instead.)
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:16 PM

What was the one incident in your life when you knew in an instant that your life was about to change?

What did you do and how are things now?
When I had a cardiac arrest.

What did I do? I said, "Ah! shit!" How are things now? I lived.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:43 PM

To cure a hangover after all else failed and I was advised to go for a jog by a runner...I was 27 at the time...Who could have possible known where it would lead me.....It certainly changed my life, and continues to do so.

It seems a bit trivial after reading some of the emotional posts on here, and my heart goes out to you all. There have been other drastic changes to my life before and since. Like the time I met Mrs Fox, or the time I suffered my first heart attack and died for a few minutes.....And the birth of my beautiful daughter....She's a chip off the old block....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top