Join for free
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:18 AM

Re: Impeachment of Donald Trump

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes. I suppose that's true. However, he has a steep mountain to climb. Those who invaded the Capitol Building, Jan 6th, and those who support them have done serious damage to American democracy. The question remains, 'How many of those fascists are there' ?

I, for one, view them the same as I do the "brown shirts" of Nazi Germany. Dangerous thugs !
It's a drop in the ocean vs the US population. I don't see it happening again.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:54 AM

Having read this thread throughout, I have come to the conclusion that I couldn't give a toss.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes. I suppose that's true. However, he has a steep mountain to climb. Those who invaded the Capitol Building, Jan 6th, and those who support them have done serious damage to American democracy. The question remains, 'How many of those fascists are there' ?

I, for one, view them the same as I do the "brown shirts" of Nazi Germany. Dangerous thugs !

Your ignoring the hard left antifa and BLM mob. Your making the same mistakes as Biden is.

Your also debasing words like "nazi" and "fascist". It's like you've suddenly jumped aboard Biden hysterical bandwagon.

He just made 70,000 people unemployed and started implementing Trumps Covid plan. Going well yes ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Senate trial delayed until next month

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55761044

The second impeachment trial of Donald Trump will begin next month under an agreement reached between Senate Democrats and Republicans.

House of Representatives Democrats will send the charge of "inciting insurrection" to the Senate on Monday.

But arguments will not begin until the week of 8 February, allowing Mr Trump's lawyers two weeks to build a defence.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Senate trial delayed until next month

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55761044
All the Dems are doing is rigging future elections.

Sounds to me like the Dems need more time to find evidence. If they were that confident of a win, they wouldn't delay anything.

Just remember these are the same people that "impeached" him in record time, it was 8 hours opposed to the average of over 3 weeks.... and now they want a delay ..... hmmm
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:36 AM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29R1X1

The leaders of the U.S. Senate agreed on Friday to push back former President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial by two weeks, giving the chamber more time to focus on President Joe Biden’s legislative agenda and Cabinet nominees before turning to the contentious showdown over Trump.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, a Democrat, said the new timeline will allow the Senate to move quickly on key Biden appointees and other tasks while giving House lawmakers who will prosecute the case and Trump’s team more time to prepare for the trial.
A period of calm before the storm.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/22/p...ase/index.html
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-01-2021, 11:56 AM

Packing the court ? Who knows .... I smell a rat
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A period of calm before the storm.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/22/p...ase/index.html
The path in the Senate to convict Donald Trump is extremely slim, with a growing number of Republicans expressing confidence that the party will acquit the former President on a charge that he incited the deadly insurrection aimed at stopping President Joe Biden's electoral win.

After Democratic leaders announced they would kick off the process to begin the impeachment trial on Monday, Republicans grew sharply critical about the proceedings -- and made clear that they saw virtually no chance that at least 17 Republicans would join with 50 Democrats to convict Trump and also bar him from ever running from office again.

In interviews with more than a dozen GOP senators, the consensus was clear: Most Republicans are likely to acquit Trump, and only a handful are truly at risk of flipping to convict the former President -- unless more evidence emerges or the political dynamics within their party dramatically change. Yet Republicans are also signaling that as more time has passed since the riot, some of the emotions of the day have cooled and they're ready to move on.
I expected no less ..... but the charge will stay on record .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I expected no less ..... but the charge will stay on record .....
Will that be enough, the Democrats wanted to stop him running for office again.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-01-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Will that be enough, the Democrats wanted to stop him running for office again.
Sadly, no ….. a conviction is required …..

Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top