Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:53 PM

Re: Would you take a holiday abroad this year?

I don't fly, but even if I did I'd not want to go anywhere. Not even liking the idea of going somewhere outside my county quite honestly.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't fly, but even if I did I'd not want to go anywhere. Not even liking the idea of going somewhere outside my county quite honestly.
I agree, Tiff. I haven't flown since I was a kid and really don't miss it. There are a few places I'd like to visit, but if I don't get to go, I wouldn't regret it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 06:58 PM

... maybe.

nah ... we're al buggered now.

Portugal is off the list, a no go country, others will follow. Grrrr
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 08:25 AM

I know others put much importance on holidays and travel. All through the pandemic the talk is always about 'when can we go abroad on holiday'?

We didn't start going abroad until fairly late in life but since our friends were always talking about travel, we thought we'd try a few places. They were OK but wherever we went, we were always glad to get back home again.

So, no more holidays for us. I don't think we'll miss them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree, Tiff. I haven't flown since I was a kid and really don't miss it. There are a few places I'd like to visit, but if I don't get to go, I wouldn't regret it.
I can't even get on a plane, but I agree with you.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 12:04 PM

I might have a few days in Iceland next month
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 12:45 PM

we don't go abroad, but even if we did it wouldn't be this year..
this was on the morning news, a couple had booked a holiday in Portugal, half way through the holiday Portugal was put on amber list, so they wanted to get a flight home earlier so they wouldn't have to isolate, the flight was to cost £90...next day it had gone up to £145..
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

04-06-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
we don't go abroad, but even if we did it wouldn't be this year..
this was on the morning news, a couple had booked a holiday in Portugal, half way through the holiday Portugal was put on amber list, so they wanted to get a flight home earlier so they wouldn't have to isolate, the flight was to cost £90...next day it had gone up to £145..
I experienced the same thing when I had to come home early from Thailand in March last year due to Sweden closing its borders. My original flight was cancelled and I had to book an alternative with a different airline. The day after I booked the price went up by £100.

Luckily my travel insurance covered the cost for the alternative flight and I got a full refund for the original return flight.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I might have a few days in Iceland next month
Might have a long weekend in Kwik Save.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Might have a long weekend in Kwik Save.
You could always visit the Amazon – online of course!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top