Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:53 PM

Re: Gobsmacked

I really do hate the way animals suffer at the hands of humans. Imagine how that bloke would feel if a chef cut his arms and legs of before pulling off his head then slitting his back open.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Not even watching the squid, LD, given your reaction

Probably a good idea.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Many cultures have odd eating habits including our own. I once went to a schoolfriends house for tea , they were having brains on toast or beans on toast. I didn't stay for either.
Faggots?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Faggots?
Deleted!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:00 PM

Yep, best done.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:33 PM

If the Chinese could be persuaded that Middle Eastern terrorists testicles were an aphrodisiac we would have peace in the region within 10 years.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:49 PM

I think l have seen something like this before. Horrible.

When my ex partner went to work in China, he used to tell me what sort of food was served each evening.

Hooves, donkey, chicken feet and other shocking stuff.
He thought the food would be like what you got from a Chinese restaurant in the U.K.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think the woman could have at the very least humanely killed the chicks before shoving them in her gob.
I didn’t look at the vid LD. I knew from the comment that I would never be able to stomach it and I didn’t want to upset my delicate disposition
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The Romans had some strange tastes too. Dormice in honey for one. But so did the Brits. One of the most horrid I encountered "first hand was " balut. Nasty. No way would I even try it.
Had to google that - wish I hadn't - disgusting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(food)
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

21-07-2021, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
They are a strange race with strange and some very nasty habits. There's a few families of them up here and they are also members of my Leisure Centre. I hate they noise they make, they are always talking very loudly and fast to each other in their own language. That doesn't bother me as I'm not interested in their conversation but I wish they would lower their voices.....A lot. I am not the only one who feels like this either as they looks they get from some of the other members. sheeeze.
There's no need to be so politically correct, Roxy! Just say what's on your mind!

Just kidding!

I know exactly what you mean. It can feel very uncomfortable amongst a group speaking in an unfamiliar language.

In my early thirties, I remember starting a job as a finished artist in the art studio of a silk-screen printing factory near the City in Sydney. There were about 15 artists in the studio; all of them Asian (Filipino I think). They were all chattering and giggling in their own language.

But I have to say that some of them were quite friendly. One of the young lads even took my arm and took me to the canteen and made coffee. That made me feel better, but overall, I felt very uncomfortable.

At lunch time I packed my tools, went out for lunch, drove home and didn't go back. I didn't even let the manager know because I was actually quite angry at him for putting me in that situation without any warning.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top