Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Re: Ironing

I have always ironed my own kit and have done so since I was 15.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 02:28 PM

Nah, hate doing it.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No, no, what takes longer than life? surely that is the longest thing you will ever do? I thought perhaps you and Muddy had some esoteric plan to do something that takes longer.
Ah, you've guessed my secret. I'm working on being immortal. The plans are going well, just got a few more wrinkles to iron out.....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:34 PM

I adore ironing...I just put on some good music and attack the ironing basket!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I adore ironing...I just put on some good music and attack the ironing basket!
Agreed; it can be very theraputic IMHO.

I had a good friend once like Bathsheba's acquaintance and ironed everything that got washed!
Knickers; socks, the lot!

Personally I can't stand wrinkled shirts or trousers without a sharp crease for example, and to me there's not much worse than looking as if you're on a cheap holiday and living out of a suitcase with every item of clothing looking dishevelled.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 08:56 PM

I hate ironing but it has to be done , it’s a right chore .
I iron duvet covers, pillow slips & my clothes.
Everything else crumple wear .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Everything else crumple wear .
I love that expression. I shall adopt it as my style from now on....CrumpleWear
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Personally I can't stand wrinkled shirts or trousers without a sharp crease for example, and to me there's not much worse than looking as if you're on a cheap holiday and living out of a suitcase with every item of clothing looking dishevelled.
I bet you're a proper dapper little chap, Zaphod.

Creases don't bother me, whereas ironing very much would.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Starch on bedsheets?
People iron their bedsheets?
You’re kidding?
Yawn!
I ‘m either really lazy or actually have a life.
Actually my mother used to iron her bedsheets but it was done in a machine which was basically a rotating drum moving against a heated plate. You just fed the sheet into it as it rotated. It put knife edge creases into the sheet.

I certainly don't, my sheets come straight off the bed into the washing machine, from the washing machine onto the line, then from the line back onto the bed - all done by 2pm
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Actually my mother used to iron her bedsheets but it was done in a machine which was basically a rotating drum moving against a heated plate. You just fed the sheet into it as it rotated. It put knife edge creases into the sheet.

I certainly don't, my sheets come straight off the bed into the washing machine, from the washing machine onto the line, then from the line back onto the bed - all done by 2pm
Well back in the day I understand formalities were quite different. Today most people don’t. My sheets don’t really wrinkle due to the fabric selection. Certain tactics don’t wrinkle.
I like that.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top