Join for free
View Poll Results: Are you right or left handed?
Right 20 80.00%
Left 5 20.00%
Ambidexstrous 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 10:28 AM

Re: Are you right or left handed?

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Did any of you fellow righties ever try signing your name left handed? I tried it once just to see, and it was unbelievably bad ...looked as if I had the DTs! (NO, I didn't!)
I've tried that in the past Eileen and I'm afraid it looked nothing like writing! I suppose we all had to go through this stage as children when we first learned how to write, be it with the right or the left hand....
joy
New Member!
Somerset, UK
joy is female 

06-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Mags - just weaved my hands together - definitely right handed. A bit of useful
information.........
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 05:41 PM

When I used to belong to an art class, one of the exercises was drawing with the hand you don't normally use. The outcomes were astonishing. Something to do with the "other side" of the brain. I'd recommend anyone to give it a go.
joy
New Member!
Somerset, UK
joy is female 

06-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Just had a go at drawing a "face" with my left hand. Not bad though - at least it was
recognisable. The "house" I attempted was a disaster - it looked as though a young child of about 4 years old had drawn it! Even the windows were crooked and one would never get a door to fit the frame I drew................
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
So...
who is the other leftie?
I am the other leftie I can't believe there aren't more of us here. At work 3 out of four of us are left handed!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by joy ->
Just had a go at drawing a "face" with my left hand. Not bad though - at least it was
recognisable. The "house" I attempted was a disaster - it looked as though a young child of about 4 years old had drawn it! Even the windows were crooked and one would never get a door to fit the frame I drew................
Good onya for having a go - I suspect that straight lines, as for houses, are much harder to draw than curved ones for faces.

Now try without taking the pencil/pen off the paper -
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Another leftie here!

I do a lot with my right hand but I think that is more to do with adapting to suit a right handed world.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 09:48 PM

Joy, I just did a house too ... unbelievably bad! A four year old would have done better!
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Left handed but if someone right handed teaches me something then I learn it right handed. That only amounts to using cutlery and knitting.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top