Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 10:42 PM

your car

What car do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?
Mine?

Nissan Xtrail Tekna new version bought 1 sept 2014. used to have a Landrover Freelander before. Why change from a 4 year old car to the above

I needed a 7 seater when my son and family stay. Like
fuel economy -cheaper road tax - more comfortable- electronic gadgets . and still a 4x4 wheel drive when required.

Don't like a little less power ( but get used to) flared front wheel arches as hard to judge car width- only one touch on driver door window.

So your likes and dislikes???
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 11:58 PM

Re: your car

I drive a silver Toyota IQ it's very nippy, zero road tax, sips petrol and don't be fooled by its outside appearance, it's like a tardis on the inside, I've had much bigger cars but this is more comfortable and roomy in front particularly for those who are tall, plenty of headroom.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 12:23 AM

We have a 1999 Buick bought 2nd hand for $4000. Originally worth 6x that much...crazy. I love this car! Only problem is the A/C just broke down but we ain't paying hundreds of dollars for a mechanic to rip the dash apart looking for a leak. Why can't these things be easily fixed & not buried under other parts of the car!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 04:54 AM

I now have a 2 year old Peugeot 308. It's the 4th Peugeot I've had but the first diesel engine. It is quite nippy AND does 53miles to the gallon.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 07:51 AM

I have a VW Golf Plus 1.9 TDi. Great car, £125 road tax & not much more to insure. Starts first turn of the starter and runs on the smell of diesel - around 60 mpg. The only sophistication is the stability control which gives the car great roadholding.

It does 'what it says on the tin' . It's a car, not a box of toys and gizmos surrounded by acres of tacky plastic and a wheel at each corner. It is getting a bit long in the tooth, but we've had no luck in finding a replacement.

I don't want a car that looks like the flight deck of a jet. I don't want to download the latest blockbuster to a 10 trillion gigabyte bluetooth enabled satnav/phone/sky sports supercomputer with on screen projection.

I just want another car with electric front windows, a radio/cd (OK a USB would be nice) a good heater and NO fancy and gadgets. I want another VW Golf Plus - but VW have managed to get the new ones seriously wrong.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:11 AM

I've got a 12 year old Suzuki Swift which although its small and not very powerful suits me down to the ground. I've done the round trip from Northern Hungary to the tip of Cornwall twice in the past two years in the most appalling weather conditions and my little "Noddy" car never faltered.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:34 AM

We've got a 2007 GMC Silverado

We need a high 4x4 to get through all the snow, as we rarely see a plough out our way.
It is of course a gas guzzler - but we don't have much choice.
We just got it this year after our 1995 Tahoe started to cost more in repairs than she was worth. It was time to retire her.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:36 AM

My car is a carriage with wheels which gets me from one place to another when required safely I hope and preferably with a minimum of cost
Other than that I don't care what it is
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 09:43 AM

Bring back bumpers I say !
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 09:57 AM

My wife has a Kia ceed estate about 5 years old as well. it goes ok but getting Kia to replace anything under the 7 year warranty is a joke. The radio for example is faulty but will Kia replace it? will they hell, two Kia garages have failed to do so at each service interval. My advice is to stay well away from Kia, they never fixed my Sorento either with the ABS light coming on and not going into 4 wheel drive, four times it went back so i got rid of it.

Just a few of the problems with Kia, the list would take a book ,and this is with 2 new cars not second hand either.

Interesting replies that you, the different cars members have and reasons for is fascinating me being a car nut.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top