Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 05:37 PM

Re: We are going to Venice

Originally Posted by Older git ->
The problem with going to Venice is that one may fall in love with Italy- then there is Verona,the lakes,Rome,Sorrento ,Puglia and Calabria-so many places and not enough money to do it all
How very true. We fell in love with Italy a few years ago. We haven't visited the lakes yet, but they are on the list.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 05:40 PM

I guess Italy was `magic` I met my late wife at an Italian evening class.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I guess Italy was `magic` I met my late wife at an Italian evening class.
Brilliant - can you still master the language?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Brilliant - can you still master the language?
Not so good now-it fades without use. I can get by but not what it was in 1999. I still have courses up to advanced sitting silently that I will use if I ever go back. I went to Sicily last year on a singles trip and was accused by some as being a snob because I spoke Italian-oh well
gasman
Kent, UK

25-04-2016, 06:00 PM

Funny that you should mention Sicily, because we have booked up to go there in July. I told you that we loved the place. We have a cd's on Italian and still haven't gotten round to listening to them yet
Just because you can speak Italian, how on Earth does that you a snob? Some people can be a real pita
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

25-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Funny that you should mention Sicily, because we have booked up to go there in July. I told you that we loved the place. We have a cd's on Italian and still haven't gotten round to listening to them yet
Just because you can speak Italian, how on Earth does that you a snob? Some people can be a real pita

You will love Sicily but be warned it can get pretty hot in July. And yes the mafia do exist but they put it about that nobody should mess with tourists,tourists bring in money .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 06:33 PM

Gasman

The lovely canal side restaurant is called "Pizzaria Ristorante Povoledo"

Is just on the right hand side once you have walked past the railway stations right in amongst the shops, extremely easy to miss.

Look for the Hotel Bell Epoque on the left next to Trattoria Bella Venezia and the Povoledo is just opposite. Do not be scared or reticent to go in as it looks dark and dingy from this side. As I said, they will walk you right through and out the other side where you are right on the canal side and can have a great lunch watching the boats go by. It makes for a lovely occasion. And don't forget the Aperol Spritz's !
gasman
Kent, UK

25-04-2016, 06:39 PM

Many thanks Stephan, we will definitely try that one and raise a glass to you
gasman
Kent, UK

25-04-2016, 06:40 PM

I'll post another thread about Sicily nearer the time - many thanks
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 06:58 PM

Many thanks Stephan, we will definitely try that one and raise a glass to you
Stephan?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top