Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Happy May Day!

Good morning all!

It's bright but with a chilly wind here. I made up my hanging baskets yesterday but don't think I'll chance hanging them outdoors just yet

Nothing special planned so spending a restful day!

Have a good day everyone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 01:13 PM

Re: Happy May Day!

Good Morning All. We made it to May Day! Yeah!!!

It's supposed to be the nicest day this year today, hitting temperatures in the low 70sF. I may take the scooter to church this morning.

Good news from the front, my brother in Illinois and my sister in South Carolina are safe from the tornadoes that screamed through their areas. My sister lost a huge pine tree that thankfully fell directly away from her house into the middle of the road. That resulted in the city removing the tree for free.

More good news, my blood test for blood sugar levels came back. My doctor sent a personal letter saying, "Wow! I'm impressed and proud of you". My A1C averages are down to 6.5 from a high of 10.0 4 months ago. They want me under 7.0. I wrote her back telling her how I did it with the Atkins low carb diet, where I cut out all sources of bread, potatoes, rice, pasta and of course sweets. Yes, I was eating hamburgers without the bun. LOL Now I'm can ease up just a bit and put the bun back on a burger on special occasions, maybe for my 62nd birthday in a wee bit .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Good news about your blood sugar levels, Bob ..... well done!
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Same to you Mags and I hope that everyone else are enjoying a superb day today.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Well the sun is out up here, but I am frozen, am wearing a jumper and cardigan too. Annie.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Well the sun is out up here, but I am frozen, am wearing a jumper and cardigan too. Annie.
The sun being out can certainly fool you. I just rode my scooter about 5 miles to church and am frozen like a Popsicle.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Well we have had some nice weather and I was in late June so put out some Marigolds and got up to the lawn covered in frost and black marigolds, took it a while to sink in that it was chilly at night April, talk about thicko! Annie
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 04:36 PM

Hi all. Cloudy and cool this morning, 15 C (58 F), light rain predicted by late afternoon. The garden could use some. No special plans: paper and crossword. Having a large dinner, broiled crab cake, fresh spinach, curried potatoes, as this will be the last food in God knows when... pre-op starving tomorrow all day, then who knows when I can eat again?? Yes. I AM food-obsessed!

Bob, excellent about yourA1c!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Happy Mayday everybody, The wife and me just got back from dinner at our Daughters, we were 'Kidnapped' at 9am and driven out to her house to see her garden, great stuff if your into gardens, the wife loves flowers and things and I tried my best to look interested, although I don't know a flower from a weed.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 05:54 PM

Hi everyone, very late today as we've been offline due to a power surge last night fried our modem! Not been doing much just pottering around in the garden and reading.

Good to hear your family is safe Bob, and Eileen, we're all thinking of you and praying for a good result...

Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top