Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 09:08 PM

"Big Brother" has landed.........

............and was looking in my wheelie bin this morning, with a torch, at 5 a.m. Had to get up to go to loo ad always peep through my blinds and there was this person and another one looking in my neighbours bin over the road. Rang Council to find out what was going on and was told by the chap on the phone that 'he was not aware of anyone from the Council checking bins-must be the contractors who empty the bins checking that the right waste material was in the bin'. I then informed him that it was the Council because I saw the Council van following the people up the street. After prattling on about how important it was to recycle he said he would look into the matter and ring me back. Its now gone 9 p.m. and I'm still waiting for the call - so annoying.

Its such a pity that they haven't anything else to worry about except recycling !!!!

On a lighter note, there's been another landing..........that's my next thread though
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Re: "Big Brother" has landed.........

How weird is that! Not very nice having someone rummaging through your wheelie bin, recycling or not

There are plans here to downsize our bin so that we are forced to recycle more ........ the so and so's only empty it once every two weeks as it is! I can see a lot more fly tipping happening around the towns
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How weird is that! Not very nice having someone rummaging through your wheelie bin, recycling or not

There are plans here to downsize our bin so that we are forced to recycle more ........ the so and so's only empty it once every two weeks as it is! I can see a lot more fly tipping happening around the towns
Only empty ours every two weeks-have also heard we are going to get another one -that makes four plus a box. Green-household rubbish-Brown-Garden Waste-Blue-glass and plastics also tray on inside for paper, leaflets etc. and greenplastic box for cardboard. Don't know where they think I can keep another one-what more can anyone recycle
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 09:37 PM

In Northampton bins are only emptied every 4th yes 4th week!!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 09:44 PM

We just get the black bin for household rubbish, brown bin for kitchen waste and a black box for paper, tins and glass. We have to dispense of plastics and garden rubbish ourselves
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

16-09-2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by misty ->
In Northampton bins are only emptied every 4th yes 4th week!!!!
We just get the black bin for household rubbish, brown bin for kitchen waste and a black box for paper, tins and glass. We have to dispense of plastics and garden rubbish ourselves
Gosh-after reading the above don't think I'll moan anymore It just really annoyed me that they were checking the bins.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

16-09-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Gosh-after reading the above don't think I'll moan anymore It just really annoyed me that they were checking the bins.
To tell you the truth Merz, I'm glad we don't have a separate bin for everything.....not only would I not know where to keep them all, I'd probably forget which was for what!!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

16-09-2009, 09:59 PM

.....not only would I not know where to keep them all, I'd probably forget which was for what!!!
Would that be having senior moments Mags ?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 10:02 PM

We have 2 black bins for rubbish, and a recycling bin for papers, get the rubbish emptied every 2 week, goodness knows when they empty the paper one...Luckily we have a dump quite near to us...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

16-09-2009, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Would that be having senior moments Mags ?
Most definitely!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top