Join for free
Page 9 of 56 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
To my mind, the U.K should not only walk out of Ireland but apologize profusely for centuries of colonial domination. Financial reparations by the U.K. would also be in line.

The days of forced colonial domination are long over. I would have thought that the U.K. would have learned its lesson by now.
Ireland is an island that has TWO entirely separate countries on it. There is Eire as one country and Northern Ireland (more rightly rump Ulster) the other.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 01:18 PM

Following all the media guff about Biden being somehow anti-UK, have a peek at this video of Marr talking to USA Democrat Senator Chris Coons praising Boris - and watch how Marr squirms!
I bet we don't see any of this reported in our still-pro-EU media and especially not by the BBC!

Then read this:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/bbc...ove-tim-davie/
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 01:29 PM

To my mind, the U.K should not only walk out of Ireland but apologize profusely for centuries of colonial domination. Financial reparations by the U.K. would also be in line.

The days of forced colonial domination are long over. I would have thought that the U.K. would have learned its lesson by now.
Why are you ignoring what millions of Irish want, which is to remain British?
Or did you really not know that this is why there is such a place as Northern Ireland?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 02:33 PM

It's true what they say about Americans having no sense of irony.
Forcing Native Americans into enclaves while drastically reducing their number is a prime example of colonial domination, as is the occupation and control of Hawaii. Perhaps they should be given back to their rightful owners?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 03:37 PM

I believe that Biden is the "acceptable" face of the toxic mix of ANTIFA, BLM, and a shed load of TROUBLE and the REAL new president is the awful Kamala Harris. That thing is TROUBLE. I've seen her described as a communist - she isn't. I DO believe that she is a revolutionary anarchist who along with other scum have deceived a great many people who intensely disliked Trump and wanted a change at any price to vote against him rather than to vote for Biden who appeared to be a soft nice guy but who is really the the camouflage of something very nasty index. Oh America. What ever have you done.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 03:38 PM

US election results: Biden has won election. What happens now?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54845063

The former vice-president does not get to move his furniture into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue straight away - there are a few things that need to happen first, including:

The presidential transition is the period in between the election result and the start of the new presidential term on 20 January.

The incoming president assembles a group called a transition team who prepare to assume power immediately after inauguration - and the Biden team has already set up a transition website. They will pick people to serve in the cabinet, discuss policy priorities and prepare to govern. Members of the team go into the federal agencies to get briefed on things like looming deadlines, budgets and which career staff do what. They gather all that intelligence for the incoming staff and still make themselves available to help after inauguration. Some of them may stay on to serve.

Kamala Harris, the first woman to be vice-president, will be appointing her staff and learning more about the job from the previous administration.

The vice-president works at the White House in the West Wing, but they don't live there. It is traditional that they live on the grounds of the US Naval Observatory which is in the north-west of the city, about a 10-minute drive from the White House.

What is it like to move into the White House?

Better nowadays than it was in 1800 when the first presidential couple John and Abigail Adams moved in - the building was unfinished.

These days it is expected that a new president and family will need to replace decor or furniture due to wear and tear, so Congress sets aside cash for them to do so. There are 132 rooms and 35 bathrooms to maintain in the residence alone.
It sounds almost seamless but with Trump in residence .....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 04:03 PM

A bit off topic but.

An American on twitter stated that the UK where celebrating the Biden win by letting off fireworks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Theo Tuckerman ->
The Chinese, Russians and the wee Rocket Man from North Korea will be jumping for joy, they will walk all over this snowflake, something they couldn't do with Trump...Biden gives one the impression that he would surrender before war is declared, God help the Western world!!!

I do like to see a nice, postiive post instead of gloomy prophecies!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
not a great fan of biden but it will be good to have an adult in the white house instead of a narcissist who displays childish behaviour on a daily basis .

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I believe that Biden is the "acceptable" face of the toxic mix of ANTIFA, BLM, and a shed load of TROUBLE and the REAL new president is the awful Kamala Harris. That thing is TROUBLE. I've seen her described as a communist - she isn't. I DO believe that she is a revolutionary anarchist who along with other scum have deceived a great many people who intensely disliked Trump and wanted a change at any price to vote against him rather than to vote for Biden who appeared to be a soft nice guy but who is really the the camouflage of something very nasty index. Oh America. What ever have you done.
Nonsense. Harris has had a long career in prosecution and upholding the law. She was a district Attorney and then Attorney General. That is not the CV of an anarchist and I'm afraid you will have to try harder to discredit her.

Page 9 of 56 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top