Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:11 PM

I Had Never Heard Of NC 500...

... until lately when someone said, ‘When this Covid thing is all over, would you like to come with me to do the NC 500?’
Well, l had never heard of it and imagined it was something like Route 66.

Then he explained what it is and l had never heard of it! I have only been to Scotland once, to the Isle Of Bute, which was lovely.

So l wonder if you would’ve known what NC 500 is? Have you ever done the trip?
It’s sounds and looks wonderful from the pics l have seen but l imagine it would be a long trek there, around and back.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:34 PM

Re: I Had Never Heard Of NC 500...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
... until lately when someone said, ‘When this Covid thing is all over, would you like to come with me to do the NC 500?’
Well, l had never heard of it and imagined it was something like Route 66.

Then he explained what it is and l had never heard of it! I have only been to Scotland once, to the Isle Of Bute, which was lovely.

So l wonder if you would’ve known what NC 500 is? Have you ever done the trip?
It’s sounds and looks wonderful from the pics l have seen but l imagine it would be a long trek there, around and back.
I've never heard of it either, but then I don't do "touring" ..... here's everything that you could possibly wish to know (and more) about the NC500:

https://independenttravelcats.com/no...e-nc500-route/

Extracts:

The North Coast 500 is a 516-mile scenic route along Scotland’s northern coast that begins and ends in the city of Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands. We’ve put together this comprehensive North Coast 500 guide to help you plan the perfect North Coast 500 road trip in Scotland.

The NC500 route offers visitors the opportunity to see rugged landscapes, frolic on sandy beaches, spot wildlife, visit museums and heritage sites, stay in castles, sip whisky, sample the local produce, and get to know the people who live there. The route was designed to encourage more visitors to visit this sparsely populated region of Scotland and it has been very successful.

How Many Days Does it Take to Drive the North Coast 500?

This really depends on how much you want to see, how much you want to drive each day, and how many detours you plan to make. You could speed along the entire 500 miles in less than 24 hours if you don’t mind not sleeping or seeing anything along the way!

But the North Coast 500 is designed for touring, sightseeing, and taking things slowly. The minimum number of days we’d recommend to drive the North Coast 500 is 5 days, but 7 to 10 days would be ideal. If you plan to speed around, you could do it with 3 full days and night, but we’d recommend more time.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 07:10 PM

Art, my son and his wife hired a motor home and spent their honeymoon doing this trip. They really enjoyed it. During their journey (in September) they had a couple of days of rain but it didn't stop them from recommending it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Art, my son and his wife hired a motor home and spent their honeymoon doing this trip. They really enjoyed it*. During their journey (in September) they had a couple of days of rain but it didn't stop them from recommending it.
* Every conceivable position in every possible location .....
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 08:21 PM

Every conceivable position in every possible location .....

Don't expect the rain would have stopped that either!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
* Every conceivable position in every possible location .....
Does it include Yoga Omah?.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 09:41 PM

Looks nice.

Will we need our passports?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:41 PM

We have been on part of it as far as Dornoch. Dornoch was shut.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:32 AM

It's currently very unpopular with the locals due to people in camper vans ignoring the covid-19 restrictions. Most of the whingers are probably "white settlers" though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I've never heard of it either, but then I don't do "touring" ..... here's everything that you could possibly wish to know (and more) about the NC500:

https://independenttravelcats.com/no...e-nc500-route/

Extracts:

Omah, Thanks for the info.
I am surprised you hadn’t heard of NC 500 as l thought you were a ‘man of the world’ and pretty knowledgeable about most stuff.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top