Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:47 AM

Dover - Calais : No Issues

Remainers rubbing their eyes in disbelief and Sky News and the BBC speechless as traffic moves unhindered over the Dover crossing.

Despite Brexit

And Swimmy owes me a 2 week fishing trip in South Africa !

https://order-order.com/2021/01/01/ports-problem-free/
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:42 AM

Re: Dover - Calais : No Issues

I would expect there to me some disruption at ports when the bank holiday is over and the stocked up imported/exported items runs out.

When most of us fill in any new form or follow new instructions we can be hesitant the first time until we get the hang of it then becomes simple and routine.
Of course the anti Brexit doom mongers will seize on any small hold up and make no allowances for this .

In a short time things should be running like clockwork with just the odd dimwit who hasn't bothered to read the instructions holding things up.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would expect there to me some disruption at ports when the bank holiday is over and the stocked up imported/exported items runs out.

When most of us fill in any new form or follow new instructions we can be hesitant the first time until we get the hang of it then becomes simple and routine.
Of course the anti Brexit doom mongers will seize on any small hold up and make no allowances for this .

In a short time things should be running like clockwork with just the odd dimwit who hasn't bothered to read the instructions holding things up.
Yes, I tend to agree.
Most of the "paperwork" isn't actually paper nowadays of course, it is all electronic.
And as you suggest; it's not as if there hasn't been enough publicity that there will be changes OR that people & companies didn't know we were leaving.
But still there will be those who haven't, can't or don't quite understand.

Maybe with it being New Year AND a weekend it'll help smooth the way just a little, but the media's resolute determination to try and make mountains out of molehills as per usual in their biased manner is quite incredible.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 01:43 PM

I think the biggest impact will be when we deregulate from GDPR.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-01-2021, 01:50 PM

Customs declarations can be filed after the goods are delivered anyway in most cases I'm pretty sure.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 03:52 PM

Hi

The EU are checking the myriad of paperwork already at their new facilities in Calais

We are just waving things through until July.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-01-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU are checking the myriad of paperwork already at their new facilities in Calais

Just like what we did when we were in the EU
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 04:02 PM

Hi

That may be so on the Dover-Calais crossing but what about the Holyhead/Dublin route? I read somewhere (either the DM or DE) this morning that 6 Irish trucks bound for Dublin were being held in Holyhead because the paperwork wasn't in order
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That may be so on the Dover-Calais crossing but what about the Holyhead/Dublin route? I read somewhere (either the DM or DE) this morning that 6 Irish trucks bound for Dublin were being held in Holyhead because the paperwork wasn't in order
Hi

Which means our exports are paying the price, not the EU Exports.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 05:24 PM

Hi

Which means our exports are paying the price, not the EU Exports.

Not necessarily, we don't know where the trucks started their journey.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top