Join for free
View Poll Results: What do you want to happen by end of year?
Deal 3 14.29%
No Deal 15 71.43%
Extension of transition 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Page 13 of 31 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:40 AM

Re: Deal before Year End?

Frosty has done an excellent job, no-one can deny.

Indeed, thank goodness and with NF would have probably got UK out months ago.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Frosty has done an excellent job, no-one can deny.

Indeed, thank goodness and with NF would have probably got UK out months ago.
I agree, but I would like to add that IMHO Boris has been excellent too.

His actions and his rebukes towards the EU have been exemplary and even now are forcing them onto the back foot so to speak.
Despite what the naysayers suggest, Boris has played the EU to perfection and made them look to the whole world exactly what they are; bullies,

Yesterday's words in both strength and tone are clear, precise and uncompromising - and I for one love that a British PM is refusing to submit to the unreasonable demands being asked by the EU.

Boris told von der Leyen that:
"time was very short and it now looked very likely that agreement would not be reached unless the EU position changed substantially"
He also "repeated that little time was left".
Tick tock, mes amis indignes de confiance.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-bo...tinue-12165695

Until Sunday then?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:11 AM

Glad to see Boris holding fast against the threats of the EU by informing them unless they give way it will be no deal.
Just one thing worries me. The EU demanded 10 years unfettered plundering of our fishing grounds, Boris offered 3 years! EU come back with 8 years, insiders say they may settle with 5 years.

NO, NO, NO! no concession with fishing at all. The EU should not have one week of continued fishing without us having one hundred percent control of our seas from 11pm 31/12/20.
If Boris caves now at the 11th hour, he will never be forgiven.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:33 AM

Hi

In Financial Terms fisheries is irrelevant.

It is a fraction of 1% of GDP.

Leaving the EU is not all about money.

I simply do not beleive we will be better off financially by leaving for many years, if at all.

I would not give an inch on fishing, it is the principle, it is the reason I voted Leave.

I will not be dictated to by people I cannot vote for.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Glad to see Boris holding fast against the threats of the EU by informing them unless they give way it will be no deal.
Just one thing worries me. The EU demanded 10 years unfettered plundering of our fishing grounds, Boris offered 3 years! EU come back with 8 years, insiders say they may settle with 5 years.

NO, NO, NO! no concession with fishing at all. The EU should not have one week of continued fishing without us having one hundred percent control of our seas from 11pm 31/12/20.
Did he now? I didn't know about that.

If he does that, he knows he'll be out of a job very soon.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

In Financial Terms fisheries is irrelevant.

It is a fraction of 1% of GDP.

Leaving the EU is not all about money.

I simply do not beleive we will be better off financially by leaving for many years, if at all.

I would not give an inch on fishing, it is the principle, it is the reason I voted Leave.

I will not be dictated to by people I cannot vote for.

Another 99 of them and we would have no GDP at all

To you, leaving you is all about money - your wanting to sell out your countries fisheries to avoid export tax on goods.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Latest I've heard is that the EU have cut their TAC by about 75% for most species for 2021.

Looks like they have a choice - Boris' deal or no deal and neither of them have EU control of UK fisheries attached to them. Could be that the EU is ramping down quotas to wind up the EU fleet and then blaming the whole thing on Brexit .. who knows. maybe they want to create a hostile environment in the EU so they avoid buying our fish or we agreed to subsidise their defunct fishermen for the next 10 years with 39 billion of divorce bill....

Anyway, increasing our conservation areas, no take zones and zonal attachment means that the UK fleet can still take the lions share of UK quotas while conserving and allowing stocks to recover.

... Norway are also considering slashing EU quota in favour of joint management of fisheries with the UK and quota shares between us and them - no EU middle man.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:35 AM

Hi

Not exactly

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...els-Jan-1.html
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-12-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not exactly

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...els-Jan-1.html
Norway are saying that because they don't want the EU flag ships plundering their waters using UK and Norwegian quotas. Don't worry, there a rules around flag boats and selling quotas, but with the final deal still not made between the EU and the UK, Norway, quite rightly is drumming its fingers on the table and giving Boris a very firm message not to sell out at the last minute.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Another 99 of them and we would have no GDP at all

To you, leaving you is all about money - your wanting to sell out your countries fisheries to avoid export tax on goods.
It is a small percentage of our GDP for one specific reason:
the EU stole most of our fishing areas, obliging our once-thriving fishing industry to contract enormously.

Apart from anything else, our part of the North Sea (and other sea areas) is just as much a part of our territory as their vineyards belong to the Frogs.

Page 13 of 31 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top