Join for free
Page 10 of 28 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 10:30 AM

Re: Thank God We are Out of the EU ...

Yep.

AZ are supplying those that can deliver the vaccine. It would be unethical to stockpile it for the EU when they still haven't approved it for delivery into people.

The AZ vaccine is also about a quarter of the price of the Pfizer one and the cheapest of all if them as its not for profit.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yep.

AZ are supplying those that can deliver the vaccine. It would be unethical to stockpile it for the EU when they still haven't approved it for delivery into people.

The AZ vaccine is also about a quarter of the price of the Pfizer one and the cheapest of all if them as its not for profit.
AZ are also licensing others to make their vaccine, as in India for example where the Serum Institute of India (SII) has gained a licence to produce at least one billion doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...kpiles-oxford/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:17 PM

Hi
The mess about the vaccines is just one example of why we had to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:54 PM

Yep.

What? The EU trying to cover up their incompetence by blaming others?
How unusual.

I love reports like this!

I also heard that the EU were trying to push a French company supplier (who are nowhere near ready) in favour of AZ, presumably because they hate us for leaving their little dictatorship.

I think the penny is beginning to drop that we are far better than them at some things. I have a feeling that in time we shall leave them far behind in many more fields too.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How unusual.

I also heard that the EU were trying to push a French company supplier (who are nowhere near ready) in favour of AZ, presumably because they hate us for leaving their little dictatorship.

I think the penny is beginning to drop that we are far better than them at some things. I have a feeling that in time we shall leave them far behind in many more fields too.
Yup, the Pasteur Institute anandoning their major research and development of a Covid-19 vaccine just a few days ago amply demonstrates that successfully bringing these to market isn't easy.

The American pharma giant Merck has stopped theirs within the last few days too.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 02:00 PM

How unusual.

Just to add insult to injury, the UK has launched a global initiative to provide a platform for early warning of new mutations of COVID-19.

Bit of a kick in the teeth to the intrinsic nationalist one by the EU.

https://order-order.com/2021/01/26/u...turns-insular/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 02:27 PM

How unusual.

I have to admit I had a little smug laugh when I first heard about this on the News. Obviously I don't wish any harm to the people of Europe but the leaders must be fuming seeing as we appear to have got one over on them.

It just shows what a sour bunch of tossers they are and why we left.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-01-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have to admit I had a little smug laugh when I first heard about this on the News. Obviously I don't wish any harm to the people of Europe but the leaders must be fuming seeing as we appear to have got one over on them.

It just shows what a sour bunch of tossers they are and why we left.
Here is a reminder of what was published in the Independent at the time and how the UK would suffer be removing itself from the EU's collective buying power

Try not to spit your tea out when you read it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9608856.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 02:41 PM

Here is a reminder of what was published in the Independent at the time and how the UK would suffer be removing itself from the EU's collective buying power

Try not to spit your tea out when you read it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9608856.html
Simply wonderful.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

27-01-2021, 02:46 PM

Here's another potential benefit to being out of the EU: the option to raise the limit on contactless payments.

The EU-set limit is €50, and that's why the UK limit was set at £45 after being raised from £30 in April last year.

"Since the limit was raised from £30 to £45 at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic last April, people have increasingly made use of contactless payments, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) said."
' "Recognising changing behaviour in how people pay, as part of a wider consultation, we will shortly be seeking views on amending our rules to allow for a possible increase in the contactless limit to £100," it said.'

https://news.sky.com/story/contactle...o-100-12200276
Widely reported too and this has been on the cards for a little while now.

Page 10 of 28 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top