Join for free
Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:07 PM

Re: Thank God We are Out of the EU ...

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Shall I tell you what immediately came into my mind as I read through his words?

Hitler banging his fist on the table.

This sort of thing really makes me feel elated!

Boris: don't you dare go soft.

Yeah me too. Not the beat look on holocaust day is it
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 11:51 AM

If anybody is still interested (because we know that the EU's dummy-spiiting is just a diversionery tactic for their own frankly staggering failure) there follows at the end a link to the full wording of Mr Pascal Soriot's (CEO of AstraZeneca) interview with La Republica.

You might like to note that it contains the following before you read it yourselves:
' “… we didn’t commit with the EU, by the way. It’s not a commitment we have to Europe
: it’s a best effort, we said we are going to make our best effort. The reason why we said that is because Europe at the time wanted to be supplied more or less at the same time as the UK, even though the contract was signed three months later. So we said, “ok, we’re going to do our best, we’re going to try, but we cannot commit contractually because we are three months behind UK.”'

That alone seems pretty conclusive, but if it is not enough there is more in the report that shows how the EU has left itself without a leg to stand on.
Here is the link to the full text:

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...nes-284349628/
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
If anybody is still interested (because we know that the EU's dummy-spiiting is just a diversionery tactic for their own frankly staggering failure) there follows at the end a link to the full wording of Mr Pascal Soriot's (CEO of AstraZeneca) interview with La Republica.

You might like to note that it contains the following before you read it yourselves:
' “… we didn’t commit with the EU, by the way. It’s not a commitment we have to Europe
: it’s a best effort, we said we are going to make our best effort. The reason why we said that is because Europe at the time wanted to be supplied more or less at the same time as the UK, even though the contract was signed three months later. So we said, “ok, we’re going to do our best, we’re going to try, but we cannot commit contractually because we are three months behind UK.”'

That alone seems pretty conclusive, but if it is not enough there is more in the report that shows how the EU has left itself without a leg to stand on.
Here is the link to the full text:

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...nes-284349628/
I suspect the the Pharma makers will have to give way, at least to some extent.

Money will talk!

Still, the world is watching!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Money will talk!

I believe we have our own AZ production line in the UK and that it is a UK-Swedish company.
What's more, the vaccine was developed in Oxford University.

As far as I'm concerned, therefore, the vaccines produced in the UK are ours and any demands by the EU for us to send some of them to the EU should be ignored.

Does the EU demand that an American vaccine producer send some of their vaccines to the EU?
They wouldn't dare, and if they did the US would tell them to sod off, or whatever equivalent words the Yanks use.

We must do the same. We are no longer a member of the EU; we are a sovereign nation once again.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 01:47 PM

Money will talk!

I get what you're saying but from the looks of this, the EU have no chance of enforcing anything because it wasn't contracted in the first place.

The world is indeed watching and they can see the EU's failings as well as their laughable attempts at bullying.
Again.

When even the Union's own MEP's have applauded the UK and berated the EU for their management of a vaccination plan it's pretty obvious that the EU are more than a little jealous, as well as being upset at being shown to have failed.

The world will see this for what it is; sour grapes.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 01:54 PM

Oh dear, The EU should take a leaf out of the 7 P's in the British Military Manual....

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P+++ Poor Performance!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 01:56 PM

I get what you're saying but from the looks of this, the EU have no chance of enforcing anything because it wasn't contracted in the first place.

The world is indeed watching and they can see the EU's failings as well as their laughable attempts at bullying.
Again.

When even the Union's own MEP's have applauded the UK and berated the EU for their management of a vaccination plan it's pretty obvious that the EU are more than a little jealous, as well as being upset at being shown to have failed.

The world will see this for what it is; sour grapes.
That's OK, when talking about the current contracts, but how about the annual contracts after that?
Zaphod
Lincs UK

28-01-2021, 02:34 PM

That's OK, when talking about the current contracts, but how about the annual contracts after that?
That's beyond the scope of current disagreements but one would hope that for the EU at least this fiasco emphasises the importance of fully understanding the contract you are entering into.
For us it should act as a sharp reminder (as if we needed one!) that there are others who will do everything they can to prevent us from (bluntly) doing better than them.

As to the future there was already established a plan to develop, improve and accelerate growth in the UK's vaccine industry, started way back at the end of 2018.
The VMIC's planned opening has been bought forward with the advent of Covid-19 and is due to open later this year.
That alone will be able to manufacture "up to 70 million vaccine doses in four to six months" - from this one site alone.

As such I really don't think that EU growling has any teeth and -in fact - it increasingly looks more likely that the EU and the rest of the world will rely more and more upon British expertise in this area as they do now with British expertise in genome sequencing, to develop new vaccinations and also those which target new strains.

Here are a few links for the interested.

https://www.biopharma-reporter.com/A...-MHRA-approval

https://pharma.nridigital.com/pharma...ing_innovation

https://www.ukri.org/our-work/tackli...manufacturing/

https://www.vmicuk.com/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh dear, The EU should take a leaf out of the 7 P's in the British Military Manual....

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P+++ Poor Performance!
Ah yes! How many times I have heard that said, although I think it was only six Ps in those days.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 04:09 PM

That's beyond the scope of current disagreements but one would hope that for the EU at least this fiasco emphasises the importance of fully understanding the contract you are entering into.
For us it should act as a sharp reminder (as if we needed one!) that there are others who will do everything they can to prevent us from (bluntly) doing better than them.

As to the future there was already established a plan to develop, improve and accelerate growth in the UK's vaccine industry, started way back at the end of 2018.
The VMIC's planned opening has been bought forward with the advent of Covid-19 and is due to open later this year.
That alone will be able to manufacture "up to 70 million vaccine doses in four to six months" - from this one site alone.

As such I really don't think that EU growling has any teeth and -in fact - it increasingly looks more likely that the EU and the rest of the world will rely more and more upon British expertise in this area as they do now with British expertise in genome sequencing, to develop new vaccinations and also those which target new strains.

Here are a few links for the interested.

https://www.biopharma-reporter.com/A...-MHRA-approval

https://pharma.nridigital.com/pharma...ing_innovation

https://www.ukri.org/our-work/tackli...manufacturing/

https://www.vmicuk.com/

Our contract with AZ has nothing to do with the EU contract with AZ.

Just remember Ursula von der Leyen was responsible for the complete shambles that she made of procurement as a German Defence Minister when German soldiers ended up running around with broom handles due to lack of rifles. Now in position of "Dear Leader" of the EU why are we not surprised she makes a complete shambles of procurement of the COVID vaccines ?

Epic failure by the EU ... not only is the AZ vaccine not approved for use in the EU by the EMA which means it cannot even be imported and warehoused over there, they were 3 months late is signing the contracts, which were drawn up in such a way they have no guarantees of delivery in the first place.

Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top