Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 08:05 PM

Re: "If I Were a Rich man...........................? "

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Sorry to sound "Maudlin"
I wouldn't say you sound maudlin, Ted; mawkish is the word I would use.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ted, we are rich to have the pleasure of your company here
Mags,

Flattery will get you everywhere!

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:23 AM

Can't comment. Never been rich in a material sense. But I'm happy to say I've never been poor either. I guess I'm at that lucky place on the curve where I have enough to be comfortable. Where I have just enough so as not to be jealous at the guy that has more but lucky enough to not have to worry about where my next meal is coming from of if I'm going to have a roof over my head tomorrow. Lucky enough to not have to live with an AK47 in my back or a knife at my neck. I wouldn't use the word "rich" to say how I feel in any sense. But as I said, I feel lucky. I've worked hard in my life as has my wife. We have worked hard for what we have and it's enough. So maybe we do feel rich. Dunno.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Can't comment. Never been rich in a material sense. But I'm happy to say I've never been poor either. I guess I'm at that lucky place on the curve where I have enough to be comfortable. Where I have just enough so as not to be jealous at the guy that has more but lucky enough to not have to worry about where my next meal is coming from of if I'm going to have a roof over my head tomorrow. Lucky enough to not have to live with an AK47 in my back or a knife at my neck. I wouldn't use the word "rich" to say how I feel in any sense. But as I said, I feel lucky. I've worked hard in my life as has my wife. We have worked hard for what we have and it's enough. So maybe we do feel rich. Dunno.
Nice post and eloquently put.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 07:46 AM

Ted You are truly blessed with the treasures that are grandchildren , riches beyond measure.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Ted You are truly blessed with the treasures that are grandchildren , riches beyond measure.
Thanks Ripple!

And all repliers!

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Nice post and eloquently put.

Thanks PB..I try.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:32 AM

I talked to my Great Grand Children, today, as they stood on my doorstep, and I'm, certainly looking forward to much more than that!
Ted this enforced separation really brings home how special our close families are , it's hard not to put a hand out and touch them though isn't it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
it's hard not to put a hand out and touch them though isn't it.
It certainly is. Particularly with my youngest granddaughter, who has brought me to the verge of it many a time.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
It certainly is. Particularly with my youngest granddaughter, who has brought me to the verge of it many a time.
I'm yet to have grandchildren, so can't empathise. But I can easily imagine how hard it must be to forcibly restrain oneself from acting upon an innate loving instinct.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top