Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:23 PM

Re: $27m settlement

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Every day the police must deal with non-cooperative subjects. Unfortunately, some folks believe that the only reasonable answer is for the police to kill them... on the spot.
Zero danger for the cops when a subject is handcuffed. No matter. Just kill them.
Unsavoury as it might seem it does save money and probably gets the message across - do as a policeman tells you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
That's what I thought. They seem remarkably generous with other people's money.

Why do they "need" 27 million anyway?

Are they basing it on the loss of his earnings?????
Could it be possible the mayor of minnesota is "black ??
As an aside, it would seem that ST George has been of more benefit
to his family in death than when he was alive ??

Donkeyman! 😭😭
P.S. Should that be "extended" family??
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 05:02 PM

So Minneapolis has effectively paid a ransom has it for the non-killing of a drug-addled criminal?

Can I ask you, one and all, to read this article and then say that St George was murdered? I certainly do not believe he was.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
So Minneapolis has effectively paid a ransom has it for the non-killing of a drug-addled criminal?

Can I ask you, one and all, to read this article and then say that St George was murdered? I certainly do not believe he was.
I read and re-read that extremely biased article. No doubt he is an apologist for the police department. Moreover he completely ignores the simple fact that dozens and dozens of people have died while police have used various types of "choke-holds". The police need not actually apply pressure to the windpipe to kill a suspect. All they have to do is apply pressure to one of the major neck arteries and keep that pressure up until the brain dies. A knee on a neck artery will more than do the job.
In any event, once George Floyd was handcuffed, he presented no danger to the cops what-so-ever. All they needed to do was to pick him up and toss him in the back of a vehicle.
Finally, George Floyd had had no problem breathing prior to Derek Chauvin pressing a knee into Floyd's neck. Floyd had walked into a market bought cigarettes, walked back to his car and then stood up while police questioned him. It was only when Chauvin handcuffed Floyd, and then pinned him to the ground with a knee to the neck that Floyd died. And, oh yeah, why the neck ? Why not one of the shoulders ? Why not the side of the head ? Why not simply sit astride Floyd. I'll tell you why. Chauvin knew exactly what he was doing. He was TRYING to kill George Floyd.

PS: Let us not forget that prior to the Floyd incident, officer Derek Chauvin had no less than 18 charges of police brutality leveled against him, yet he STILL kept his job. This gave Chauvin a sense of invulnerability and an arrogance typical of so many American police.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 06:08 PM

I read and re-read that extremely biased article. No doubt he is an apologist for the police department. Moreover he completely ignores the simple fact that dozens and dozens of people have died while police have used various types of "choke-holds". The police need not actually apply pressure to the windpipe to kill a suspect. All they have to do is apply pressure to one of the major neck arteries and keep that pressure up until the brain dies. A knee on a neck artery will more than do the job.
In any event, once George Floyd was handcuffed, he presented no danger to the cops what-so-ever. All they needed to do was to pick him up and toss him in the back of a vehicle.
Finally, George Floyd had had no problem breathing prior to Derek Chauvin pressing a knee into Floyd's neck. Floyd had walked into a market bought cigarettes, walked back to his car and then stood up while police questioned him. It was only when Chauvin handcuffed Floyd, and then pinned him to the ground with a knee to the neck that Floyd died. And, oh yeah, why the neck ? Why not one of the shoulders ? Why not the side of the head ? Why not simply sit astride Floyd. I'll tell you why. Chauvin knew exactly what he was doing. He was TRYING to kill George Floyd.
Could be said that he was doing his bit to drain the criminal swamp.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 06:27 PM

I am aware that it might be difficult for those in other countries to imagine what it is like to be bullied by armed police here in America. We in the U.S. may have an incomplete picture of the typical English bobby but I, for one think of the bobby as a reasonably polite and NON-VIOLENT officer. However, the U.S. cop is all too often just itching for a chance to get in on the violent aspects of police work.
One of the most intimidating things that can happen to a U.S. citizen is to be harassed by an angry cop. I have seen it many times . I have had it happen to me.
Police in America kill over 1,000 people every year. many of those killed were unarmed. I recall a number of cases where the police have killed unarmed children. Yes, you read that right. UNARMED CHILDREN.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-03-2021, 06:31 PM

I am aware that it might be difficult for those in other countries to imagine what it is like to be bullied by armed police here in America. We in the U.S. may have an incomplete picture of the typical English bobby but I, for one think of the bobby as a reasonably polite and NON-VIOLENT officer. However, the U.S. cop is all too often just itching for a chance to get in on the violent aspects of police work.
One of the most intimidating things that can happen to a U.S. citizen is to be harassed by an angry cop. I have seen it many times . I have had it happen to me.
Police in America kill over 1,000 people every year. many of those killed were unarmed. I recall a number of cases where the police have killed unarmed children. Yes, you read that right. UNARMED CHILDREN.
Populations get the police they deserve.
bakerman
Mexico

13-03-2021, 08:18 PM

If Derek Chauvin is found guilty of either of the two main charges: 2nd degree murder or 3rd degree murder, it will have an enormous impact on all police departments across the nation.
Already many department have outlawed use of any type of "chokeholds". Additionally, departments are beginning to train for incident "de-escalation". As one Chief of Police stated, "Just because a police officer can legally engage in a specific action, that does not mean that they should do so."
Ultimately, it is up to the officers who command entire departments to make substantive changes. IMO what is desperately needed is much less "combat style" training and a greater emphasis on controlling situations without any violence. Also, anger management when dealing with loud -mouthed suspects.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-03-2021, 09:50 PM

If Derek Chauvin is found guilty of either of the two main charges: 2nd degree murder or 3rd degree murder, it will have an enormous impact on all police departments across the nation.
Already many department have outlawed use of any type of "chokeholds". Additionally, departments are beginning to train for incident "de-escalation". As one Chief of Police stated, "Just because a police officer can legally engage in a specific action, that does not mean that they should do so."
Ultimately, it is up to the officers who command entire departments to make substantive changes. IMO what is desperately needed is much less "combat style" training and a greater emphasis on controlling situations without any violence. Also, anger management when dealing with loud -mouthed suspects.
How about loud mouthed management training on loud mouthed low life's by instilling into them the clear and unambiguous message that a loud mouth to a police officer will seriously damage their health?

A police officer has no way of knowing the extent that a confrontational POS intends to go whereas letting a POS be aware of how far a police office CAN go in a confrontation is NEVER a good idea.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:36 PM

It's just sleepy Joe trying to appease the scumbags that take over cities and cause anarchy..It's not justice, it's bribery....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top