Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 01:12 PM

Re: $27m settlement

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh? I seem to remember some IRA leaders getting away with it some time ago.
That was another rotten thing that Blair was behind. Thatcher had a better policy and with assistance by the loyalist paramilitaries was actually achieving progress. It was called shoot to kill.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The slightest risk ??? You are precisely the kind of person who should never, under any conditions, be given a badge and a gun.
It would certainly make the streets safer to walk at night if the potential assailant would be shot....It's a fine line between anarchy and a police state...
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 07:04 PM

People who are too quick to pull the trigger are forgetting about all of those UNARMED suspects who are shot and killed by the police. I recall a recent incident where an black man was shot and killed by a cop. He had only been holding a cell phone. Cop claimed he thought it was a gun. Or how about the teenage boy who was returning home carrying a sack of sandwiches. He too was shot and killed by the police. Cop claimed , "I thought he was reaching for a gun".

The policy of 'shoot first, and ask questions later' must be stopped.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:03 PM

People who are too quick to pull the trigger are forgetting about all of those UNARMED suspects who are shot and killed by the police. I recall a recent incident where an black man was shot and killed by a cop. He had only been holding a cell phone. Cop claimed he thought it was a gun. Or how about the teenage boy who was returning home carrying a sack of sandwiches. He too was shot and killed by the police. Cop claimed , "I thought he was reaching for a gun".

This seems to be a uniquely American problem.

Most European countries arm their police, yet I never hear of such things happening there.

The UK is probably the only one which does not routinely arm its police and I wonder why there is so much opposition among our people to our doing so.

People always mention the problems in America when they object to suggestions of arming our police, yet forget about our neighbouring police forces in Europe which have no such problems.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 11:23 PM

All these people who get shot need to do is exactly what the police officer says to them when he/she tells them to. There will always be the occasional error but people should remember that when there is confrontation it is the police who are in control and they should do as they are TOLD.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
All these people who get shot need to do is exactly what the police officer says to them when he/she tells them to. There will always be the occasional error but people should remember that when there is confrontation it is the police who are in control and they should do as they are TOLD.
I agree...
Some people just don't like being told what to do.....
The police are just doing their job and keeping the murderers, rapists, druggies and muggers etc off the streets...What's the alternative?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 10:58 AM

If less civilians resisted arrest, then I believe some of them would still be alive,Police officers have a job to do...” let them do it”......

We all know what humans are capable of......why resist with force, when it could cost you your life......that police officer doesn’t know what you are carrying does he?

One of their roles is to keep us safe......their are always a few bent coppers, but you get those everywhere and in every profession, after all they are the same as everyone else...” human”....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 11:05 AM

How do the police know they are “ UNARMED “ ?.....they are laying their life on the line......in the line of duty.....it must be hell being a police officer in America.....knowing if they will come home alive or in a black bag,...you are all for criticism them.....maybe you should go out on the frontline with them, instead of comfortably cooking your steaks in your restaurant.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top