Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:59 PM

Re: "It could be you", was it by any chance?

I had the 2 stars but nothing else to go with them, but if I had won, I would have bought new houses and furnished them for my family along with a nice amount in the bank, and I would love to give anonymously to folk that I know it would make a big difference to , someone who has struggled ,I would make a lot of people happy...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

With regards to a big win, one should definitely consider paying for the services of a good financial advisor and accountant to help with the tax implications of giving away/donating large sums of money and buying houses, cars, etc for family members, friends and so on.
A previous big winner said that Camelot (and whoever runs the eurolottery) do help enormously in terms of financial advice.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
A previous big winner said that Camelot (and whoever runs the eurolottery) do help enormously in terms of financial advice.
My understanding is this is for a limited time only. A win as big as £122m needs much more help over a much longer time scale IMHO.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
My understanding is this is for a limited time only. A win as big as £122m needs much more help over a much longer time scale IMHO.
Ah. Was unaware of the time limit. Thanks Percy.

One would hope it would be long enough to deal with some of the issues you raise though.

Often wondered where the cash is sent, since AFAIK current accounts have a limit on how much they are meant to hold.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:33 PM

I thought the time limit was 3 to 6 months but I could be wrong and I don't know where I got THAT from either.

I didn't know that about personal current accounts having a limit either but I would expect a winner's bank to bend over backwards to accept the winnings then move it to an instant access savings account pro tem while the winner is sorting him/herself out and getting advice. It would also surprise me greatly if the bank were to ignore such a large amount of money without offering substantial advice albeit biased towards its own products.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 05:33 PM

You’d have to be in it to win it so it ain’t me
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:45 PM

I would have the best fun ever....

I would be able to help so many people. When we were raising funds for my Daughter in Laws treatment I became aware of so many other people in similar circumstances their lives could be transformed just by having the money We were lucky that a pal stepped in and we were able to access treatment quickly..... I would love to be in a position to do that and I would fund individuals not large charities.

Of course like us all I would ensure family and pals shared my good fortune too.... oh and I've said this before I would throw a big party for everyone on OFF.......I would toast you all as I flew to my new beachfront residence in Barbados
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Hrmph! Not me anyway.....I don't know if I would like to win so much money, if I'm honest. Just enough to get us and the kids nice houses...I'd be happy with that. Good luck to the winners in coping with all their new friends!
aye Pixie, they'll be coming out the woodwork for sure.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:45 PM

This is totally ridiculous ... £122m!

£100m is enough for anyone.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
This is totally ridiculous ... £122m!

£100m is enough for anyone.
I think they should trickle it down - like have a set amount for the BIG win, and everything else goes down the ranks, so perhaps you could get something like £100 for 3 numbers or whatever (if it was a big rollover) That would make more people buy a ticket I think?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top