Join for free
Page 5 of 25 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 02:24 AM

Re: Future of the Monarchy

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
hah! You changed your mind about Federer?
No I changed my mind about shooting my mouth off and decided to delete half the post. Something I do often. But you beat me to it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And you believe that load of propaganda? As for the queen what has the woman actually DONE? Answer? Other than what she wanted to do ----- NOTHING. Just been a drain on us.
I believe what research has shown & what I see with my own eyes, not somebody who is jealous & resentful because the royals appear to have a better life. They don't, they have to work & that work takes priority.
They also do not criticize people who have different lives to them, but then the royals were brought up to show good manners & impartiality.....unlike some!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 09:31 AM

I am not a royalist and I’m not jealous or resentful I just don’t think it’s right that one family are awarded such privilege and financial advantage on an accident of birth.They don’t citiscise because they know themselves that their position is precarious in this day and age . William will be the last king of England and the day of monarchy is over .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am not a royalist and I’m not jealous or resentful I just don’t think it’s right that one family are awarded such privilege and financial advantage on an accident of birth.They don’t citiscise because they know themselves that their position is precarious in this day and age . William will be the last king of England and the day of monarchy is over .
No disrespectf but hope you are wrong Muddy
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 09:40 AM

Well I won’t be here to see it but assuming William lives to be seventy around about 2050 the world will have no places for hereditary positions or privilege. like the dinosaurs they will be extinct just a note in history .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
No disrespectf but hope you are wrong Muddy
So do I Lion Queen !
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 10:36 AM

Bearing in mind the large royalist support here in the west of Scotland, I do think that if anything were to happen to the monarchy......it would become like Northern Ireland. They have threatened such terrible things in the event of an independent Scotland anyway, so I dread to think what might happen in the event of the monarchy falling.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Do we realise the importance of a "mother Figure" in our lives?

We might not always admit it, but I think the "Mother", in most of the families I know, is the central heroine, source of help & guidance, and model of patience, planning, and provision of food, clothing & manners, certainly in our early days.

My point is that the Queen seems to project that "Mother Figure" model in the sense that the Countries are a family.

She, in my opinion, is a very good example for everything & everybody.

There are others, in the Royal Family, who might not project that sort of image. Soon, I suspect, they will be sorted.

When the Queen stands down, who will step into the shoes?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I believe what research has shown & what I see with my own eyes, not somebody who is jealous & resentful because the royals appear to have a better life. They don't, they have to work & that work takes priority.
They also do not criticize people who have different lives to them, but then the royals were brought up to show good manners & impartiality.....unlike some!
What work do they do? I am yet to see any.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Bearing in mind the large royalist support here in the west of Scotland, I do think that if anything were to happen to the monarchy......it would become like Northern Ireland. They have threatened such terrible things in the event of an independent Scotland anyway, so I dread to think what might happen in the event of the monarchy falling.
The problems in Ulster come about because terrorists from a foreign country want to invade and take over a part of Great Britain.

Page 5 of 25 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top