Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 10:27 AM

"E" day on the Isles of Scilly

The islanders did an economy day to see how much electricity they could save, they switched off all non-essential appliances and lights but sadly they only saved 1.2% of electricity in 24 hours.

Oh well, good for them giving it a go.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 10:29 AM

Re: "E" day on the Isles of Scilly

That's interesting though isn't it?
I feel that, although we can all do our little bit, and of course make a little bit of a saving for ourselves, it government and industry and 'big things' who can make any major difference.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 10:58 AM

That was at least something and perhaps if every did the same, it would be a lot more!

Thanks Nero for that info. Good to see people doing their bit to save!

Take care.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:21 AM

It did highlight the issue as it was on TV several times yesterday. Good for them, I couldn't help thinking that the chap who was travelling around was wasting energy promoting it though
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Good for them to give it a go.

I wonder when out turn will come
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 02:31 PM

What puzzles me is they live in the windiest spot in Britain, erecting windmills there they'd get it all free anyways.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top