Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:54 AM

Re: First time on a plane..

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Had my work involved travelling in any way it might have been different. For one thing I doubt I would be still living in the UK. A chance of going to live in Australia for three years under the £10 pom scheme would have been taken, I doubt if I would have retuned either as I have more family there than here.
Useless spell checkers, they need to go back to school,
'retuned' should have been returned!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Were you what they call a ten pound pom Bruce?
Absolutely!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Had my work involved travelling in any way it might have been different. For one thing I doubt I would be still living in the UK. A chance of going to live in Australia for three years under the £10 pom scheme would have been taken, I doubt if I would have retuned either as I have more family there than here.
But for chance............eh?
A bunch of mine are in Jamaica, USA, Canada, Taiwan.........
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 03:17 PM

My 1st ever flight was from Birmingham to Luxembourg for a job interview (not with the EEC) in 1980.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 10:59 PM

Holiday to East Germany. Smallish plane. It had developed engine problems on the day we were due to fly from Heathrow and so we were put up in a hotel while they flew in engineers from the DDR to fix things.

Any nervousness we had were immediately allayed by seeing the engineers fly back with us, dozing quite happily on a couple of seats near the front.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:18 PM

My first trip on a plane was from London Airport (before it became Heathrow) to Lagos on BOAC. I don't know how old I was, but I was apparently the youngest person to fly BOAC London to Lagos.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:09 AM

When I was at agricultural college, living in a dorm, my parents went across europe with car towing caravan followed by my brother driving a Landrover. They setting in a place called Costa da Caparica for a few months. I went out to visit on a package holiday. That was my first proper flight. Before that I'd been up in a glider a few times, over the Cotswolds.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:17 AM

My first ever flight was to Majorca from Manchester Airport I remember it was a package holiday and it cost £49.50 each for 2 weeks in the sun in a hotel.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That must have been quite an experience though? Did you get shown around and things?
I have been in Concorde ( on the ground ) it’s very small inside .
There is no inflight entertainment as everyone gets there so quickly .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:58 PM

My first flight was when in the army, (RA. NS service) at age 21 !
We flew from Southend on a chartered Hermes with 4 piston
engines !
It was a night flight to Cypress for the EOKA crisis !
I remember the plane was very packed and as we were made to wear
our uniforms complete with webbing and side packs etc was not very
comfortable, the only fun we had was when the hostesses had
to squeeze past us .😄😄
I rember looking out of the port hole to see the engine exhausts
glowing red hot !!
Glad to get out at Nicosia airport to find it was hotter than the plane !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top