Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Vectra update

Got the car back at lunchtime, had a word with the manager in Halshaws and there's no way she's refunding the £671 I paid 4 weeks ago.

I was very nice too, laid on all the charm, I had my expensive aftershave on and a clean shirt but it was all for nothing.

She said they had followed Vauxhal motors protocols when investigating the faulty part, I pointed out that if her mechanic was skilled at all he should've disconnected the fuel line to see if fuel was flowing through it, she said they don't work like that, I said no they don't, they replace part after part until they resolve the fault, meanwhile the customer foots the bill, she didn't reply so I walked out.

I phoned my solicitor and she advised me to contact one of the free agencies like CAB or trading standards coz they take up the case FOC, I gave her all the details and according to her Halshaws may have followed protocols but in all aspects it was not in the customers best interests.

All this palaver because mechanics today are not true mechanics, they're only glorified semi-skilled fitters, I told her that too, if the diagnostic computer don't tell them what's wrong they're stumped, they proved this fact by replacing an expensive pump that had nothing wrong with it.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Re: Vectra update

How right you are about Mechanics Nero, had a few run in's with them myself....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 05:17 PM

Phoned Vauxhall's factory in Luton to no avail, they're back-sliders too, they said it's up to the dealers to refund my cash I said no it aint, it's up to you lot coz you draw up the maintenance schedules and instruct dealers to comply with them.

They took my phone number so I'll wait to see the outcome but methinks we'll have to go to court.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 05:27 PM

I swerved to miss a dear a few months back, hit a raised drain cover, manageled 2 tyres and 2 alloys! got a pick up truck and back to the garage...Insurance was fine about it paid out no bother.....Took them a week to sort it, then they had forgotten to put the tyre sensors back on the wheels, that took another week, then they forgot to reset the computer!!
Got so fed up, put in into my local garage to sort, which took them 20 minutes!
Now if that had been my Hubby, bet it would not have taken so long!
nero
Central Scotland

12-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
I swerved to miss a dear a few months back, hit a raised drain cover, manageled 2 tyres and 2 alloys! got a pick up truck and back to the garage...Insurance was fine about it paid out no bother.....Took them a week to sort it, then they had forgotten to put the tyre sensors back on the wheels, that took another week, then they forgot to reset the computer!!
Got so fed up, put in into my local garage to sort, which took them 20 minutes!
Now if that had been my Hubby, bet it would not have taken so long!
What type of car is it Moli, make and model.
Moli
Aberdeenshire

12-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
What type of car is it Moli, make and model.
Its a peugot 407....
nero
Central Scotland

15-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Another update, . . would you believe Vauxhall motors in Luton phoned me , after I gave them a piece of my mind on Tuesday they said they'll phone Halshaws and speak to them, they wanted further details from me before they do so.

I've been considering the whole situation and there's no way I can take General Motors to court, ultimately they are at fault for not giving proper servicing protocols that are in the customers interests to all the service centers in the country.

My solicitor would love to take them on but it could cost me a fortune in legal fees even if I won the case, it's up to whoever is sitting on the bench during the hearing as to award court costs or not.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Another update, . . would you believe Vauxhall motors in Luton phoned me , after I gave them a piece of my mind on Tuesday they said they'll phone Halshaws and speak to them, they wanted further details from me before they do so.

I've been considering the whole situation and there's no way I can take General Motors to court, ultimately they are at fault for not giving proper servicing protocols that are in the customers interests to all the service centers in the country.

My solicitor would love to take them on but it could cost me a fortune in legal fees even if I won the case, it's up to whoever is sitting on the bench during the hearing as to award court costs or not.
What about contacting trading standards.
nero
Central Scotland

16-10-2009, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
What about contacting trading standards.
Done that, they don't want to know either, the fear of costs incurred in court probably put them off.
nero
Central Scotland

17-10-2009, 04:28 PM

Must say the car's going great since they replaced that faulty valve, . . I aint used the car much this year coz I've got the Jeep, . . it's a pity they didn't listen to me weeks ago when I took it in eh.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top