Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:08 AM

Re: "I Hope We Passed The Audition"

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I was doing 36. 😐

I don't know if the courses vary, but mine was painless. They don't ask about how/when/where you got caught, nothing personal. It's serious but upbeat, talking about the dangers of speeding. And there's some quite interesting stuff about how to know what's the speed limit without seeing signs, ie 30 or less where there are street lamps. They ask you by name maybe just one question, like what stresses you when diving: where there's no right or wrong answer.

Thanks Dood I hope he doesn't say me when they ask him what stresses him
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thanks Dood I hope he doesn't say me when they ask him what stresses him
I'm sure it's not true anyway. And there's no time for joking. Teacher's got a lot to say, fit-in to the allotted time, best just keep nodding to show you're paying attention.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:23 AM

Thinking about it .... there were about ten of us offenders in all, most of us volunteered answers to open questions (picture of dual carriageway, what's the speed limit?). Those that weren't participating were more likely to get asked a question directly, put on the spot.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

13-07-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Done one back in 2017, all clear now, though it stays on your insurance record for five years
Hi Primus

I received another email this morning:

Congratulations and thank you for completing your driver awareness course with DriveTech!

As a result, we will notify the Police of your successful completion, so you don’t have to take any further action.

Please note: When applying for car insurance, insurers may ask if you have any motoring convictions or prosecutions. As neither of these apply to drivers who have attended a driver awareness course, the Financial Ombudsman has confirmed that drivers attending a course can honestly answer ‘No’ to this question. However, if an insurer asks specifically about attendance of a driver awareness course, then drivers must provide this information on the application form or at any other time during the lifetime of the insurance policy, typically at renewal. Failure to do so may invalidate the insurance. Please read your insurer’s terms and conditions.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:37 AM

We have hidden cameras and the trick we now realise it change a short run from 100 kph to 90 kph which makes his 102 kph automatic fine..time 16.12
16.51...105 kph in another short run of 90kph automatic fine received one day after the first one.

Permitted speed 1st one says 96kph the 2nd one says 99kph.

Fines 68 Euros if you pay within 30 Days
extra 45 Euros up to 45 days then 180 Euros
awarded -2 points from start of 12

https://www.french-property.com/guid...nces-penalties

We were travelling for our appointments which were near to Angouleme....laughter permit....to see the Opthamologist

p.s. It is illegal to be able to track the camera's, but they are on the inbuilt sat nav as standard...very French
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:16 AM

I enjoyed my speed awareness course. I found it really useful and didn't realise how much of the Highway Code I had forgotten.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh, I thought only driving licence penalty points could effect your insurance. But they know about who's done the Speed Awareness Course do they?
Dood, you’re absolutely right, I was thinking of the points I got after I was caught again, if you do a course,you don’t have to inform your insurance…..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top