Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:27 PM

In this heat, how do you sleep?

Same as normal - PJs/nightie and quilt?

PJs/nightie and just a sheet?

PJs/nightie and nothing over you?

Butt naked with a quilt?

Butt naked with just a sheet?

Butt naked with nothing over you?

Windows open and fan going all night? Or just windows with no fan?
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

18-07-2021, 12:31 PM

Re: In this heat, how do you sleep?

Just boxer shorts and a light summer duvet.
Windows open and fan going all night.I have the fan on a timer so it will go off after 2 hours by then usually I'm asleep.Then it comes back on at about 6 in the morning.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Same as normal - PJs/nightie and quilt?

PJs/ silk nightie and just a sheet?

PJs/nightie and nothing over you?

Butt naked with a quilt?

Butt naked with just a sheet?

Butt naked with nothing over you?

Windows open and fan going all night? Or just windows with no fan?
That one - light aircon
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:35 PM

I have the windows open, no fan (hate anything plugged in unsupervised) PJs/nightie, but I do have the lightest duvet....just in case it turns chilly. Its Scotland after all, you just never know!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Just boxer shorts and a light summer duvet.
Windows open and fan going all night.I have the fan on a timer so it will go off after 2 hours by then usually I'm asleep.Then it comes back on at about 6 in the morning.
I think I should get a timer for my fan, sounds like a good idea. I just have it on all night . Thing is, I can't leave my windows open because our neighbours keep very late hours sometimes, and congregate in the garden, or in the kitchen with their door open, which is almost underneath my window. I simply cannot sleep if there's any noise. I wouldn't be any good living in a big city
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

18-07-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have the windows open, no fan (hate anything plugged in unsupervised) PJs/nightie, but I do have the lightest duvet....just in case it turns chilly. Its Scotland after all, you just never know!
Yes, I usually wear a thin nightie and a light duvet, but last night even they both came off
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:38 PM

Naked with just a sheet and the windows open.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

18-07-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
That one - light aircon
Oh aircon, now that would be heavenly! But, you know, this is the UK - who bothers investing in aircon for 6 or 7 days a year?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:47 PM

We can't open the windows because we live on a busy main road & traffic noise goes on late into the night & starts early morning.

We sleep naked with just an Egyptian cotton sheet for cover & an oscillating fan left on all night.

On extremely hot nights I get the camp bed out & sleep downstairs where it's many degrees cooler. This is on my own - Tony remains in the bedroom. He can stand the heat better than I can..
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:00 PM

Is reverse cycle / ducted air con popular there?
Used on dry cycle instead of cool its pretty cheap except when its humid as well as 35 degrees at night. Couldnt sleep without it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top