Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:41 PM

Re: Talk about anything....

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well, my man was in his usual spot today, I managed to ask him if he was homeless, he stays in a hostel, apparently he can stay there all day, but sits on his corner and reads ,as he doesn’t get much peace in the hostel, that was all I asked him, as I could sense he didn’t like me asking questions, went and bought him a coffee and chicken salad sandwich, I did notice his fingernails were black, left him reading his book, Bless Him.
Did you notice what book he was reading pauline?
Some of these down and outs are very intelligent. My father in Law worked in Doncaster and did much the same as you, he took an old gent food and the occasional coffee. He later learned that the bloke was a maths genius and had fallen on hard times.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

I didn’t notice what book he was reading, because it was open, I didn’t like to ask, in fact I never even thought about it.

I noticed him eyeing me up in my pink jogging bottoms, even the bus driver said as I boarded, you needn’t have put your hand out, I could see your pink jogging bottoms a mile off,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	27E3AC33-D067-4D35-BA7C-E58A0B0AAAA3.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	16407  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:47 PM

I didn’t notice what book he was reading, because it was open, I didn’t like to ask, in fact I never even thought about it.

I noticed him eyeing me up in my pink jogging bottoms, even the bus driver said as I boarded, you needn’t have put your hand out, I could see you pink jogging bottoms a mile off,
Just WOW! pauline.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:48 PM

Just WOW! pauline.....

We must keep fit, OGF....

Going to have a jog around Newbury later, staying at my sons house.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 03:50 PM

Some of these down and outs are very intelligent.
Never a truer word spoken, OGF. I once knew a brilliant statistician who was so obsessed with his maths that the rest of his life just fell apart.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 03:56 PM

We must keep fit, OGF....

Going to have a jog around Newbury later, staying at my sons house.
I'd accompany you if I thought you could keep up with me.

I'll be on my bicycle!

(You'd still probably beat me! )
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 03:58 PM

Some of these down and outs are very intelligent. My father in Law worked in Doncaster and did much the same as you, he took an old gent food and the occasional coffee. He later learned that the bloke was a maths genius and had fallen on hard times.

I would love to get to know his history, baby steps to start with, he felt uncomfortable when I asked him if he was actually homeless ,he has a hostel he stays in, that’s as far as I got,as I sensed he was uncomfortable, so I then went to get his coffee and sandwich, he even told me what he liked, he doesn’t like egg or cheese, he has the most amazing eyes I have ever seen.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I'd accompany you if I thought you could keep up with me.

I'll be on my bicycle!

(You'd still probably beat me! )

.....I have slowed down quite a bit, it’s not about speed , it’s about getting that old heart pumping, it needs exercise,
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 04:10 PM

.....I have slowed down quite a bit, it’s not about speed , it’s about getting that old heart pumping, it needs exercise,
Indeed, Pauline. And after just reading OldGreyFox's thoroughly inspiring profile for a third time (after something he's just said in another thread), I've decided to get on my bike a lot more often from now on.

We have a beautiful stretch of coastline from here (Marske) to Redcar, with spectacular views of a wind turbine farm (I think they're rather beautiful), and I've been letting it all go to waste for far too long now.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:17 PM

Well Hello All,
Thread was started to talk about anything, mostly just what comes to mind or materialise's.
I find it hard to stay on course, so a good place for me at times.... Threads get names on a subject and if you not wanting to join it for what ever reason, then here, anybody can do just do the alternative.

I have just had a work out myself..digging and weeding the veggie's bed..now almost finished and raked it over just so it looks the a tad neater.
With floors it is hard work here with the cleaning .Any cleaning is keep fit, I say.. You do see the dirt, as with fitted carpets it can hide easily...

Normal here to have Tiled floors and Rugs when needed. Central Heating, you can see from the For Sale web pages, is not so common here..but the times are a changing...

Heat Pumps are fitted often in new builds, so then they go well underground, where they are much more efficient....work like a fridge does really...Coffee Pot time...

yes I still ride my bike..around the garden at this time..progress, little steps..

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top