Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Chinese bride wears 2.2km dress

I just had to laugh at this

A Chinese bride has attempted to break the world record for the longest wedding dress by walking down the aisle in a 2,162m-long (7,083ft) gown.

Lin Rong's dress was made for her by her husband-to-be, Zhao Peng, and his family in eastern Jilin province.

It took their 200 wedding guests three hours to unroll the fabric and decorate the train with 9,999 silk roses.

Mr Zhao's mother said she knew her son was trying to express his love, but she thought the dress was a waste of money.

"I do not want a cliche wedding parade or banquet," China's Xinhua news agency quoted Mr Zhao as saying.

So instead, he decided he would use his nuptials to challenge the current wedding dress world record of 1,579m (5,180ft), set in the Romanian capital, Bucharest, on 1 April 2009.

Mr Zhao enlisted most of his family to pitch in with his idea, bringing materials, choosing patterns, making silk roses and stitching on jewels on the day, Xinhua said.

His aunt, who conveniently is a dressmaker, had agreed to make the design.

Romantic gesture

And Mr Zhao's feat did not end once he had tied the knot.

After the event, he cut the dress down to 1,984.1022m, to represent his bride's date of birth, and added 608 crystals, one for every day they had dated.

Mr Zhao said he had submitted his attempt to Guinness World Records in London and would also be sending video footage.

"Both the length of the dress and the number of silk roses pinned on the wedding dress can make history," he said, but added that it did not matter to him whether he was successful or not.

The whole effort cost Mr Zhao about 40,000 yuan ($5,800; £3,470), but his schoolteacher bride was reported to have "laughed and cried at the romantic gesture".

Mr Zhao's mother appeared less impressed.

"It is a waste of money in my opinion," she told Xinhua.

"Though I understand that he wants to show his love on the big day."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8190112.stm

Told you women were mad

*runs
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:16 AM

Re: Chinese bride wears 2.2km dress

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I just had to laugh at this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8190112.stm

Told you women were mad

*runs
NB - the MAN made the dress! - now what was it you said about women being mad?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:25 AM

I bet his wife forced him to

*runs
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:53 AM

Only a man could have designed a dress like that!!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

09-08-2009, 01:00 AM

Lol Moli, not very practical is it
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I bet his wife forced him to

*runs
LOL

That dress is mad! x
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

09-08-2009, 08:23 AM

He's nuts for mkaing it, she's nuts for wearing it. 'Nuff said

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top